Construction at Pohopoco Creek

Number6

Number6

I couldn't help but notice a lot of silt flowing at the construction site at Harrity Rd and 209.

is there silt/sock fence?.....it was either installed incorrectly or it got blown out/down.....

Where did you see the silt? From what point source was it flowing? I live near there and haven't noticed much if anything out of the ordinary regarding stream flow. I'll have to stop and take a closer look. They built that large, rock coffer dam to do the work on replacing the turnpike bridge & piers. Now when the dam is releasing a good flow of water it does tend to stir up stuff throughout water column.

From the bridge on Harrity Rd., downstream, left bank. A large band, I'd estimate 6-8 feet wide. I cross there quite often and had never seen it before. Unfortunately, I was on a schedule and was unable to park the car and poke around.

It may have been a temporary problem that was fixed (which is good because it means they don't ignore that stuff when they see it) because I didn't notice it Monday and I didn't see it today. I'm regularly crossing back and forth over that bridge and I haven't noticed many issues since the construction started but I sure can't wait until it's completed.

If you notice it again you can call the PFBC or the county soil conservation district.

Back