Class A designations and more under threat from drilling

B

BeastBrown

There is legislation being introduced right now that is attempting to put the decisions of the fish and boat commission and the game commission under scrutiny of an Orwellian "Independent Regulatory Review Commission". They want control of the endangered species decision making so it does not interfere with their right to capital and energy of their choosing.

This language addresses endangered species, however it goes onto include influencing their independent decision making authority and singles them out as the LAST TWO extra-governmental rule making bodies. They want them under Caesar .

Contact this man if he is your rep.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=12965

The language of this memoranda states "protects sensitive data by prohibiting the disclosure" , "another benefit of this legislation is that it places the decisions of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and Pennsylvania Game Commission under the review of Independent Regulatory Review Commission. As Pennsylvania’s last two remaining extra-governmental promulgated rule making bodies, the right of our concerned citizens to exercise due process in appealing a decision would, for the first time, have a forum to do so with the IRRC.

"...to establish a uniform and transparent process..."

"...prohibiting the disclosure of the information to anyone not involved in a development or conservation project..."

yeah, cause those two phrases go together...?

greed greed greed, money money money, greed greed greed, money money money.

ONLY things these #censor# care about.
the battle will never end
heaven forbid we have some untouched F-ing space left in this state. these #censor# want it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&sessYr=2013&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=1576&pn=2133

Is this the bill that is trying to be pushed through?

The legislature is trying very hard to circumvent the laws of the Commonwealth, laws that were put in place by former legislatures, for the benefit of all. Now they are about passing laws to benefit only a chosen few, like hunting preserves. Thye would also allow a poluter to ask PFBC to reduce protection of streams by requesting Class A or other protected streams to be downgraded.

The Legislature of this state is just stupid, they've tried this before, but it seems they only float this boat during off year elections.
For instance, one thing they recently passed was a rule saying that pigs escaped from hunting preserves come under the rules of the Dept. of Agriculture, therefore the game commission hands get tied somewhat by regulating the hunting preserves. It's convoluted if you ask me.

The legislature can't pass a budget nearly every year, and they pull this tish! Yikes. We need a constitutional amendment to change the legislature and reduce the number in both houses, limit terms, and limit campaign spending. And that's just at the state level.

The legislature is filled with a bunch of gutless Holes.

Just another example of politicians demonstrating true profession. And how cheaply they can be procured.

HB 1576 was to be voted on today. According to the general assembly web site the bill was tabled.

thanks Milke. I saw that it was voted out of committee but did not realize that it was tabled by the gen assembly.

Trout Unlimited's website has a feature where you can look up your state rep and send them an e-mail right from the site.

http://www.tu.org/take-action

you don't have to be a TU member to use this feature, and you can edit out the "TU" part if you wish.

Takes less than 2 mins to complete. At the very least it will look up your representative for you so you can contact them.

vcregular: I was mistaken because I was confused by the terminology. I knew that the bill came out of committee, but then the notation said "laid on the table," which I interpreted to mean "tabled" by the full House. What it really meant is that it was placed, in effect, on the docket of the house for a vote, which our local newspaper says may take place next week.

This is being pushed by our governor and many legislators who are not the least bit interested in protecting our forests and streams. They figure we will have forgotten this stupidity by next election day. I have talked to my recently elected representative, who supports HB 1576. I will not forget!

This video should be viewed by Jack's pollies before they vote on the bill.

wow, this whole thing is disgusting. I really think we are doomed, this bill is going to pass, and this state is going to be set back 100 years regarding it's environment.
this place sickens me.
the mentality shown by heffley is astounding. really, let's not protect a wild resource just so a kid can fish with a worm? I'd honestly be happier if a stream is designated class A, and CLOSED to ALL fishing. at least the resource would be protected. I don't NEED to fish every stream, but dammit, in this day and age, we have the intelligence to protect every stream we can.
crap like this makes me hate the gas industry and it's political pawns even more. scum, simply scum!

bikerfish wrote:
wow, this whole thing is disgusting. I really think we are doomed, this bill is going to pass, and this state is going to be set back 100 years regarding it's environment.
this place sickens me.

I hope not! My theory is Corbutt is employing the scorched earth policy to pass gas bills now since he has no hope of ever being reelected. Check out his "approval" ratings here.

bikerfish wrote:

I really think we are doomed, this bill is going to pass, and this state is going to be set back 100 years regarding it's environment.

By posting that the bill is going to pass, aren't you making the case for NOT contacting your legislator?

Discouraging people from contacting their legislators increases the chances that the bill will pass.

I don't think it matters Dwight, I've already contacted mine, but I don't think it will matter. Even if this bill fails, there will be another, and another, and another. these companies want a free ride in this state, and have the money to buy it, this bill is just another ticket towards that ride.
I'm growing tired of the fight.

Bikerfish,
It's always worth the fight. I learned that at the battles of Big Spring and the Little J. In the words of my college hero, Bluto...

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

In all seriousness, you never know. There is always hope when you fight and don't give up.

Chaz wrote:
The legislature is trying very hard to circumvent the laws of the Commonwealth, laws that were put in place by former legislatures, for the benefit of all. Now they are about passing laws to benefit only a chosen few, like hunting preserves. Thye would also allow a poluter to ask PFBC to reduce protection of streams by requesting Class A or other protected streams to be downgraded.

The Legislature of this state is just stupid, they've tried this before, but it seems they only float this boat during off year elections.
For instance, one thing they recently passed was a rule saying that pigs escaped from hunting preserves come under the rules of the Dept. of Agriculture, therefore the game commission hands get tied somewhat by regulating the hunting preserves. It's convoluted if you ask me.

The legislature can't pass a budget nearly every year, and they pull this tish! Yikes. We need a constitutional amendment to change the legislature and reduce the number in both houses, limit terms, and limit campaign spending. And that's just at the state level.

The legislature is filled with a bunch of gutless Holes.

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Governor Edward G. Rendell today signed the following
bills into law:
House Bill 1580, sponsored by Rep. Merle H. Phillips
(R-Northumberland/Snyder), amends Title 3 (Agriculture) under the PA
Consolidated Statutes, pertaining to cervidae (elk and deer) livestock
farms. HB 1580 provides that all cervidae livestock operations - including
deer, elk, moose, caribou, reindeer and hybrid operations -- will be
regulated by the Department of Agriculture and shall be considered normal
agricultural operations, and therefore protected from nuisance suits.

The bill provides that prior to issuing a license, the department, or an
agent of the department, including a licensed veterinarian accredited by
them, is to inspect the premises of each applicant. The department may
issue a provisional license to an operation that was in effect before the
inspection requirement, and will, within one year from the effective date
of this bill, inspect the premises and determine whether to issue or deny
the license.

If the department takes no action, the license will be automatically
granted. A license is valid for two years from the date issued. Under
current law, it is only valid for one year.

Finally, the bill charges the department with ensuring that the area where
the animals live is fenced in to protect the animals as well as the public.

All laws under Title 34 (Game Code) are repealed, and regulations
previously issued by the Game Commission regulating deer farms are
considered invalid if they are inconsistent with this bill.

The bill passed the House 198-0 and the Senate, with amendments, 49-1. The
House concurred 196-0. The bill is effective in 60 days.

State moved towards having the agriculture dept manage game farms some time ago. Note the vote. Note the gov.

Back