Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

Padraic

Padraic

MSNBC has a decent article on Al Gore's Nobel win.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21262661/

CNN also covered it, but focused on whether Al would enter the presidential race. What is interesting about CNN's coverage on TV... the correspondant described the human influence on Global Warming as 90% certain and the scientists expressing sceptism as a "minority fringe".

My first thought on your post was "duck incoming". Actually I though CNN was making an improvement. They used to say it was a consensus.

Oh yes, CNN - The Crescent News Network.

Cynic wrote:
Oh yes, CNN - The Crescent News Network.

Oh, you're just being cynical.

Troutbert,

Actually, over the past few years, I have not "improved" in my being a Cynic. And, given the increased world-wide deterioration of our various diverse societies, I have now been reduced to the level of only: A Extreme Realist.

Time for a refresher course!

At the risk of embarrassing myself...what does the "Crescent" mean in the CNN parody of their acronym? (bending?)

Maurice,

Not giving any opinions on this at all. I don't discuss this stuff too often on forums, unless I'm drunk. I won't say if I agree or disagree with the CNN comment.

http://islam.about.com/od/history/a/crescent_moon.htm

but that should answer your question.

It is a Right Wing thing. It is a charge that CNN is pro Muslim - favoring the issues that the Islamic terrorists support as opposed to those that we (USA) support.

Google - Though the crescent was originally a secular symbol of authority for Muslim rulers, it is now often used to symbolize the Islamic faith.

But I thought Islamic terrorists were the fringe of the muslim religion? Meaning all muslims arn't bad people. Well that doesn't seem fair and balanced.

Oh I get it...it's like saying all fishermen are slobs because only some letter and cause problems at the criks.

It shows the depth of depravity that some people will stoop to in trying to misinform others. Anyone who opposes the agenda is the enemy and what better way to paint them as such but to lump them together with an irrational hatred of Islam. Shameful really-- or really shameless.

I think of it less of a depth and more of a shallowness.

It goes back to the original Iraq war where CNN was believed to get special treatment from Sadam for special coverage opportunities. Remember Blitzer in Bagdad as the bombs were falling after all the other western journalists were gone? It continued with Chrisiana Amanpore (sp?) getting some special interviews shortly after 9/11 and into the early part of the second Iraq war.

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Here's a statement that was given somewhat earlier than anything WB or CA of CNN have said in support of the "Religion of Peace".

Who - without Googling it - can tell me who made the statement.

That's a good one!!

Without looking it up, it sounds like something a Colonialist or an adherent of the notion and rights of empire might say.

So, I'll guess a member of the British royal family or peer class 100 or more years ago.

Or as a wild card, maybe Thomas Jefferson. He had some trouble with the Muslims.

More likely the former or something like it, though...

The list of Islamophobes is too long for this guessing game, can we have a clue or will you reconsider letting us google it?

Well I know it wasn't George Bush...too many big words....

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill?

Edit:

damn you maurice. I shoulda refreshed the page before i replied.

Back