Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: A great idea , wish Pennsylvania would adopt

From Lancaster County
A fair number of streams in the ANF have culvert inhibitors they flow through. Plus, they make for nasty falls and/or cuts when one falls trying to climb up through them and takes a dunk in their plunge pools

On the design shown from the OP, it's way too small. It doesn't even appear to be sized for a one-year flood, let alone a ten or hundred year one. The concept is definitely good, but they need to increase the size by an order of magnitude.

Posted on: 2013/9/26 19:01

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
I'm asking for specific locations that people have seen that need work, i.e. XXXXX Run, where XXXXX Road crosses it.

Why? Are you writing a book?

Here's one

I know you want specifics, but rather than spot burning, I figured I would offer some even more helpful information. At least it should have been helpful to anyone willing to look around and not requiring a spoon.

They are literally everywhere, and Ianyone who actually has fished for trout has likely seen them. But then, seeing them and noticing them are two different things.

These are typically on very small streams and I'm not spot burning them.

Next time you are driving on a back road and you hit a bump caused by a culvert pipe heaving (frost), stop and look at the outflow of that pipe. That is as specific as I will get.

P.S. That is not my farm. Mine's prettier.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 8:10

From SE PA - Montgomery County
PENNDOT is not going to replace a culvert simply because the fish passage is not desirable. They have budget concerns and unless the culvert is seriously deteriorated and needs replacement due to unsafe roadway conditions, then it is a low priority.

I design bridges and culverts. When a culvert does need to be replaced these factors are heavily considered though. We have even designed larger culverts to allow for animal passage.

Posted on: 2013/10/9 8:26

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com