100k acres of public brook trout waters to get Shaled

B

Brownout

Hello friends,

Near the Sullivan/Luzerne/Wyoming/Columbia county lines, lies one of the most unspoiled pieces of contiguous public property in the state, and it is about to be introduced to fracking.

In this region are State Game lands 13, 57, and Ricketts Glenn State Park. In aggregate, these three public areas contain miles of brook trout streams in over 100 thousand acres of deep forest.

Recently, Encana, a drilling company, has decided to seek zoning permits to tap the shale in this region. They want to start with 6 million gallons of water and build a metering station. If this area were to be drilled, it would connect the stolen state forest land to the West in Lycoming county with the wells in Bradford and Susquehanna county. This will complete an almost northern tier devastation of all public fishing and hunting land(Some may view this as an extreme statement, however, water is not a renewable resource, and they want to turn the state into Saudi Arabia).

There is a meeting tomorrow night in the Luzerne County court house to hear the case of Encana. It is at 7 pm. They do not have a good track record in this country for protecting our natural resources.

Article Article about zoning

Some sportsman may file an appeal if they are granted the special use permit.

If I didnt work I would be there. I fish that area a good bit.

Please anyone that can go please go.

Special land use exception was granted last night for a well that is above the Ceasetown and Hunstville Reservoirs. The site at the base of Red Rock is going to be drilled this Summer. Not looking very good here guys.

Aaaaah nuts! I've fished this area a lot. What a waste.

Lets hope for the best.

The damage will be done before we can stop it, the only idea I have is for everyone on this site to read "The Monkey Wrench Gang." Might give you ideas on how to stop it (jk).

www.grobe33.blogspot.com

How about someone form a petition, have everyone on the site sign it and hand it to the county or state.

Back