WOO WOO! First FF Trout!!!

docsab

docsab

Was able to slip out of the house this evening for an hour. Went to the same spot I've been skunked at since opening day. Had a good feeling with my new found knowledge from Saturday at LL.

First 2 casts- 2 sunnies! Then next cast- BANG- My first FF Rainbow!!

1336343779324.jpg

Cool!!

Then about 15 minutes later, I caught another one!!!!(not quite as big)

1336345697851.jpg

Finally, I feel like I am progressing. Thanks to all you guys who helped me with my technique at LL on Sat (especially you Fox- BTW, I am John). You guys showed me some minor things I was doing wrong but it made a big difference!!

Congrats John! And great looking fish!

Congrats John. Seeing the enthusiasm shown by you guys just getting started in the sport is awesome! Every fishing trip is a learning experience. Good luck and best wishes on many, many more.

Excellent!

Don't take the sunnies for granted. They're great fun on a fly rod too. :)

Nice lookin fish John. Congrats

Where did were you fishing?

Way to go, John!

ALRIGHT John. I knew it was only a matter of time. Your technique was too good. Now you are hooked, no turning back now dude!

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Nice lookin fish John. Congrats

Where did were you fishing?

Neshaminy at York road and Valley Road. I figured it would be empty with the Flyers game coming on, but there were several other anglers there.

^^ Good spot????

If yes .. could be a place to meet up with u and some of the other locals in the neighborhood .. Volks could be our Fox for the day :)

2 times I have fished the Neshimany haven't had a bite. I fished Tyler twice .. once by the main entrance/boat house and also near the bridge/dam on Richboro/newtown rd

docsab wrote: Snipped a little

First 2 casts- 2 sunnies! Then next cast- BANG- My first FF Rainbow!!

Way to go, John! I knew it would not be too long before we heard this from you!

What really surprised me was how a small change in technique makes a big difference! I was letting my fly line lie on the surface during a nymph drift and it must have been causing drag on the nymph.

At least 5 fishing expeditions, two "seminars" and probably 15-20 hrs of fishing produced 2 sunnies(prob by accident) and not a single definite hit on my indicator.

After you guys taught me the right way to hold the line, I was immediately getting hits and catching fish from my first cast. I really enjoy the "finesse" of FF, and am definitely enjoying the deprogramming from ~ 35+ years of spinfishing.

BTW Volks, forgot to thank you for showing me the big palomino you had been stalking and letting me take a shot at it!

Me thinks John has come over to the DARK side!

Congrats! My first was only about 2 years ago. Was awesome!!

Good job. Really fun huh?

Back