Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Switching flies

From MONTCO
Stagg, Confused at the outings? What was so confusing about a fellow who started fishing before I was born, casting a fly over 100 feet with a $200 rod and little effort???

Before re-entering FFing, the Trilene was my go-to knot for bass, flounder, etc., and it's never had it fail me. On size 26 and smaller hooks, though, it can be tough to get a second pass through the hook eye. The Orvis knot is 95%, I believe, and only requires one pass through the hook. I still fumble a bit with it, but I keep practicing.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 11:12

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
Kabutt

I do peruse the OT forum now and then Stagger - I would just hope I wouldn't have to listen to you go on and on about American politics in person!!

A wise fox once told me fish are apolitical

Nah .. we just had a good time and I rarely bring up politics or economics unless someone asks me a question. Hasn't happened at any jam (as we discussed fun stuff when not fishing).

Just don't ask me to go out for a a few beers afterward. Wine may do b/ you can just cork my mouth up if I won't shut up.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 11:18

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
pcray wrote:

Strangely, when board members get together, we rarely discuss politics, economics, or any of that crap that goes on in the OT board.

Part of it is that though we disagree politically, we actually do like each other, and everyone involved prefers not to ruin it by arguing. Heck, I think Stagger could even get along with Jack in person.

Yea .. still very new but fishing is a way to just get away from all the bs in life and just have fun if your with a group

I agree 110% abt having different views, no matter how opinionated and strong those views may be. If I didn't like the majority of people who disagree with me on politics, economics, etc .. I would have no friends, no wife, and no life in general.

Of course that would give me more time to fish so you may have given me an really good idea

Posted on: 2012/8/16 11:23

From Philadelphia
Kabutt, I would encourage to join our outings. They are not just for newbies and everyone's experience is certainly appreciated. I think you would enjoy meeting many of us and once you've met me, you'll then know why "Fox Bashing" is a forum wide sport.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 12:52

From Clinton County, Pa.
Flyfishing and politics do not mix!

Posted on: 2012/8/16 12:53

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
Strangely, when board members get together, we rarely discuss politics, economics, or any of that crap that goes on in the OT board.

Part of it is that though we disagree politically, we actually do like each other, and everyone involved prefers not to ruin it by arguing. Heck, I think Stagger could even get along with Jack in person.

If you can't get along w/ Jack in person, you ain't right in the head!

Posted on: 2012/8/16 12:54

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
Sasquatch wrote:

If you can't get along w/ Jack in person, you ain't right in the head!

Posted on: 2012/8/16 12:59

From Abington
Quote:

Kabutt wrote:

Why not just use a surgeon's knot to attach tippet to leader?

Damn...I hate to break up Heritage Ed and Fox's sentimental moment...

I do just use a double surgeons to attach tippet...That blood knot thing is just a fraternity prank....

And pay attention to McFinn's suggestion of the Davy's knot. Davy Knot, Knot Davy

Posted on: 2012/8/16 18:34

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
42 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com