Proposed Newbie Brush-up Day, Saturday, May 5th at 10AM

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

I had a blast Saturday working with the newbies and if guys still want more help I'd like to help out. My next available Saturday would not be until May 5th. I'll try to get Ed to roll out of bed earlier that day (assuming no OT the night before) and we'll get out again.

Anyone interested in another session on at the LL on Saturday, May 5th at 10AM?

The only cost for this session is that you pay it forward when you are no longer newbies and new newbies take your place!

Any experienced PAFF'ers that wish to attend, would be welcome too. These guys all have great questions and any info we can give them, they absorb like a sponge!

Fox

Well Fox, I promised to help a friend from work out that morning - provided our respective employers don't see fit to slave drive us again.

I highly doubt they'll make us work, and if not, I should be able to get to the stream pretty close to your start time.

It figures I have a trip booked that day. If I get a cancelation I'll be there. May is gonna be a pretty busy month for me.

delta_dog wrote:
If I get a cancelation I'll be there.

Bring the kids and a few traps. We'll show the kids how to trap a fox. :cool:

Definitely going to try to make it. We'll see as the date gets closer

Maybe. Lemme check the calendar. I'm no Pro yet but not quite a newbie...

I would love to come but that weekend is going to be busy for me. It figures the following weekend and the rest thereafter are all clear. I'm a newbie; so , let's hope there is another one of these before summer hits and it gets to hot out for this kind of thing.

Not sure what's on the calendar for that weekend yet, but if I can make it down, I will be there.

Since I missed the jam, if I don't get my stuff together before then, I may be there. I will be the one totally lost!

All are welcome. This will be a good get-to-know your fellow PAFF'ers day as well as a help day. It will be as much about enjoying yourself as learning from others. None of us ever have our sh*t together every time out. I have been doing this for 20 years and I sometimes feel lost on a given stream situation. Hell the Saucon (a stream I have fished for those 20 years) had my number this past summer and fall. There is a very good reason we still call the sport "fly-fishing" and not "fly-catching". Come on out, if not to learn, to bust my chops, it has become a necessary PAFF past time which newbies are also required to master.

Hopefully i'll be able to get off work and join ya!

I cannot make May 5th....already have something on the calendar for that day....darn!

I would like to join you guys depending on the time. I could use some advice. Forgive me for asking but LL = Little Lehigh correct?

shirk81 wrote:
I would like to join you guys depending on the time. I could use some advice. Forgive me for asking but LL = Little Lehigh correct?

Si...cinco de Little Lehigh.

Hello Ed, I'll plan on the tag along with Dave the 5th.

Where at exactly? I am in Fleetwood, and it would have to be early-ish :) let me know time and location and I may join you guys.

shirk81 wrote:
Where at exactly? I am in Fleetwood, and it would have to be early-ish :) let me know time and location and I may join you guys.

10 AM, here.

Fox doesn't do early, but he goes like hell once he gets going.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Fox doesn't do early, but he goes like hell once he gets going.

Oh Yes Fox does early....He just whines about it!

A Lot!!

:)

Dave - Just emailed you some photographic "ammunition".

Fox better be nice to us. ;-)

Spent the weekend fishing with Fox, Troutpoop, and his Dad, down at Camp Foxgap. If Fox ever claims he's roughing it there, he's lying. Unbelievable!

Back