New Flyfisher in glenside

• Thread starter GreenRiverRunner
  • Start date
G

GreenRiverRunner

Hi everybody,

I new to the area and although I bought a fly rod about five years ago would still consider myself new to flyfishing. Anyone out there near glenside willing to take a new fisher under his wing and teach him some stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard!

Keep your eyes peeled for any get togethers posted here that occur in your area. They're a great way to pick up experience.

My advise to you would be to stop in at the Orvis store in the Plymouth Meeting mall. The manager of the fly shop there is our very own afishinado (Tom). Tom knows his stuff, and if you talk to him long enough, your ears will bleed from all the knowledge he will pass on. :-D He's a good guy, and is always willing to help out others.

Another option is to post your questions here. The moderators of the beginners forum are as good as they come. Lots of knowledgeable members here as well. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the reply, Ill run up there and check out the orvis store.

I went out to visit Tom today at the orvis store and I gotta say it was awesome. He was a huge help and really made me want to fish even more. Thanks so much for the tip!

Glenside, eh. Born and raised there I was. You live in the Abington side or cheltenham side?

GreenRiverRunner wrote:
Hi everybody,

I new to the area and although I bought a fly rod about five years ago would still consider myself new to flyfishing. Anyone out there near glenside willing to take a new fisher under his wing and teach him some stuff?

Thanks in advance!

I don't fish in cold or heat anymore. I would be willing to meet you at some local streams come spring. I live in the King of Prussia area. I know a lot of local streams really well. As long as you don't post stream reports I could take you to my secret spot in Montgomery County that holds 10 inch brook trout.

GreenRiverRunner - My fishing is pretty much limited to Saturdays for now. Shoot me a PM if you'd like a tour of the Lehigh Valley limestoners. Gotta be above 35 degrees for my old bones. :-D

@ Timmy Im in the Cheltenham side about a hundred yards from the train station.

@ Justfish: Your secrets safe with me. Shoot me a PM when you start out fishing and I'd love to tag along

@ Heritage: Will do hopefully next saturday will be warmer :) I will shoot you a PM

Thanks again everyone for all your help! Its a real encouragment to see the communities willingness to help a new fisher

i also live in glenside near keswick. id be happy to fish at wiss in the spring just shoot me a pm when the time comes. i can so other info aswell.

marc

Time for a Glenside-Abington Strategic Planning meeting?

Back