looking for help in the clarion area

marcusmtch

marcusmtch

I am very new with everything I need to get started. I just need guidence. Would like to meet with someone a few times and learn everything from tying my line to tippets tomatching my flys and what the flys I have are. Also casting. Thanks

I have a camp in Tionesta. Since I live much farther away and have a 2 year old, I don't get up there as much as I'd like, so finding a time to meet will likely be difficult. But I can help with places to go.

From Knox, generally, go north my friend. You are pretty much on the southern border of the trout zone. But certainly within easy day trip range. I'm not saying you won't find anything south of here, but if you make a line from about Oil City to Brockway, most of the good trout fishing will be north of that.

PM me and I'll give specifics, just let me know what you're looking for. Generally, there are large stocked streams with often good hatches, medium sized streams which often have wild browns and are sometimes also stocked, or small streams full of native brook trout, in which you'll catch mainly small fish but in a more wilderness (no roads behind you) environment.

The biggest thing is reading water. Where to cast into the water. How to work the flies/retrieve. And how to set up the line like with tippers and such.

And I would like some guidence on these things so I am squared away the best I can to have some fun and enjoy the sport

Back