Looking for a fishing buddy!

F

fishstix77

My name is Keegan I live in the Carlisle area. I am looking for a fishing buddy to go fly fishing with in the mornings. I work 3-11 most days of the week so mornings are open for me. I mostly fish for trout but I do enjoy the bass fishing as well. I also would like to target some carp. I have a wagon so traveling to new streams would be nice to try! Just a real laid back guy who loves to fly fish.

Yellow breeches
Stony and Clark's creek
Latorte spring run

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
If i was closer to you, id take you up on it.

I appreciate that. I also fish penns, pine, and trough creeks.

I wish you were closer also.
Maybe one day we can meet in the middle.
Bart

There are guys on the board who live in or near Carlisle, I hope they chime in. I'm not one of them, but I do fish down there on occasion.

I fished mountain creek today and killed the brook trout. I used green caddis emerger with a hares ear olive as my tail fly. Good day some fish hitting top not many cant wait to use some BWOS.

Killed the brook trout? Hope you left some for others.

Hey fishstix, I'm in Camp Hill and fairly new to the area. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the 9-5 gig so mornings rarely work for me. Weekends would be my best bet. I've only been fly fishing for a little over 2 years so I'm no expert but I'm always eager for any chance to meet up with a fellow fly fisher. I'll pm you my email.

I don't fish very often but maybe a little kick in the a** will get me out there. I'm close to both of you and would be willing to show you around or just fish sometime. I'm also a slave to a monitor from 8:30-5/6. Weekends best but won't rule out an hour or two prior to dark for a spinner fall.

I am looking to do a little more smallie fishing this year especially after the success we had late summer 2013. Yeah, I'll sling a spinning rod junk for bass but might also take a fly rod depending on time of year. I think I need a few carp or cats on dries during the hatches this year.

I will take you up on that show around as well, just moved to Mechanicsburg 4 weeks ago from Illinois. Just getting back to FF, been out of the game being in Illinois and all. I am a 9-5er as well and free on the weekends.

I hit the Yellow Breeches by Messiah two days ago, small bow on a black wooly.

Fellas. I'm in Carlisle also & would like to meet up at some time. I've been ffing for close to 30 yrs, but am in no way an "expert". I get the "pleasure" of cossing the LeTort & Breeches every morning on my way to & from work, so I could eyeball stream conditions.
Mornings will be tough until after June 11th. Afternoon & evening are probably best now for me, though I should take a day off in early May. Choco duns, bwos, blue quills & hendricksons should be coming off w/in the next two weeks. Let's watch the weather & plan something.

I'd be willing to meet up to flyfish with other people in the area. I live right by clarks creek and have a camp in Lycoming county minutes away from pine creek.

I'm also from around the area. Bout a stones throw from krayfish. Country you must be close to us as well bc were both dauphin guys. I fish almost everyday and work a cooking job at night so I'm free a lot. Any of ya guys feel free to shoot me a pm. I've mainly been fishing the letort lately. Love the challenge. But also have tons of places I could show you guys around.

John

IdratherbePhishing "fishes almost every day"
Krayfish "fishes 20 times a year"

I'm very jealous but will try to up the pace this season. Other than night_stalker and NickR tricking me into winter fishing, I've stayed strong but it looks like I'll actually sink some flies this weekend. I try not to start until May 1st because it's usually marginal fishing prior to then. I might make a few one day road trips to try some new water since I haven't been fishing much over the last couple of years. Last Saturday I sttod on the bank coaching the young un, made a cast or two to help and netted a 20" brown for him. I told him that was almost enough to make me dust off the gear....but ....nope. :-D

Krayfish---The fishing is better prior to May 1st. I get out 5 to 6 days a week year round. If you would chose to fish local...not the D...your numbers will dramatically go up.

The fish are there 24/7/365.25. You should be there too!

NickR could have you fishing for carp non-stop...

- - - - -
Meanwhile...
I fish the West Shore Carlisle area exclusively...and have much to learn also. I would enjoy a few get togethers.

John has tried a few times to lock me into getting together but it has yet to happen.

Currently I am interested in heading to a few sections of the Yellow Breeches that are not easy to access...kayak into area and fish. If anybody is game, I have 2 kayaks to contribute to the cause.

I fish this area pretty often when I can get away from my kids and wife...I think it would be cool to have a local group fishing outing. Maybe some folks from the area would be interested in joining a text chain or email group? Maybe a Facebook page for folks who want to meet up for local trips? I'm a weekend and evenings guy but summer becomes more flexible. I'm in York, but I fish between York and state college.

Back