Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How do you organinze your flies?

From Johnstown, PA
Organizing flies is not one of my strong points , they may be unorganized but if i have it and need it it's in there and i will find it. I have a box of nymphs a box of streamers/buggers and a box of Catskill dries from there there are a half dozen boxes of "I know it's in there.

Posted on: 2013/5/27 5:29

From Nazareth PA
I have a box that is mainly nymphs. From there most of the flies I tie end up in pill bottles. :( Not what you may want to hear but I hve become used to have 4 or 5 pill bottles in my vest. They are actually easier to carry that trying to put big fly boxes in your vest.

Posted on: 2013/5/27 15:44

" It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming"...John Steinbeck

From Cato, NY
Organizing my fly boxes is like an obsession for me. I just feel like when I need a certain pattern a certain size and certain color I don't want to search for it for an hour and then the hatch is over. My system is simple yet effective (for me). I have several small boxes.

1. BWO/sulphur box - one leaf bwo the other sulphurs, includes rusty and sulphur/bwo spinners.

2. Nymph box

3. Caddis/soft hackle box with one leaf devoted to terrestrials

4. small midge box

5. 1 wheatley style box for bigger hatches that I rotate flies in and out of. Right now it has MB, gray fox, Iso, GDs, a few hendricksons just in case. As the hatches change I rotate flies in and out.

6. streamer box

I also try to separate in each box by size and pattern especially the sulphur/olive box and caddis box.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 12:32

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com