Hello everyone.

D

Duke174

Just wanted to say hello. I just joined the forum and already I am learning tons of stuff. I am new to fly fishing. Just started last spring. A friend of mine told me how great it was and that after I tried it he would garuntee that I would be "hooked". He was right. I grew up in Minnesota and have fished almost my whole life but I had never fly fished. Now he's even got me trying my hand at tying my own flies. I am loving every minute of it. Hope to get out a lot more this year. Maybe meet some of you out on the water.

Travis

Duke

Welcome to the jungle!

If you think you are picking up a ton of stuff just from reading the forum (and you will) come to the Newbie Jam on March 15 and you will really get a quantum leap forward.

I saw the post about that but I will be in the Bahamas hopefully keeping the lines tight down there for a couple weeks. Thanks for the info though.

Welcome Duke. Nice crew around here - glad to have yuh. If you get in any fishing in the Bahamas (or heck, even if you don't) share some pics with us.
Dave

Welcome! This forum is basically where I learned to fly fish. Still learning a lot. There are a lot of really helpful and knowledgeable people here, as I'm sure you've seen if you've been browsing around for a while.

Welcome, Good luck in the Bahamas. Wish I was going, what island are you going to?

GenCon

We go to a small island called Great Guana Cay. It's in the northeast corner of the Bahamas. This will be my first time fishing there. I've snorkeled and seen some nice fish so hopefully that will translate into so nice catches on this trip.

Good for you. Hope you have a great trip. Post some pics when you get back.

GenCon

Hey welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information on here to learn....

Welcome aboard.
GG

Welcome Travis, I think you will find this forum an incredible tool to help you learn. There are a great bunch of people on this board that are always willing to lend a hand.

You might consider attending a Jam or two. You can then place a face with the name.

Back