Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Good Morning Gents

From Doylestown
Have not had a chance to fish yet this year. Just got back from a week-long speaking tour of NC. I **may** get out this week. Will definitely be out with my brother-in-law the weekend of the 28th.

As to the depth - the one fly fisherman was about crotch-deep above the 263 bridge over the Neshaminy, and the downstream areas seemed to be at least one foot-to knee-deep.

Posted on: 2012/4/14 10:38

Re: Good Morning Gents

From Bucks County
Raybark,

I took a couple hours Friday morning to give it a try, I drove down Mill Road all the way to the bridge that is closed for crossing, parked in that little park area.

Worked my way up to the 263 Bridge, most water was ankle deeps, there is a disturbing odor in the air like something is dead on the shore.

I found lots of feeder fish, no wonder people catch small mouth bass here. I saw two guys with spinning rods catching them.

The stream bottom is extremely slippery with a long grass like moss.

I tried some top water attractors and some beadheads to scan the bottom with no luck, on one of the dry flies I had something go after it, but I think it was a bass that just happen to be close to it.

Probably won't make a second trip and just wait till I can fish the LL or VC.

Let me know if you give it a try.

Posted on: 2012/4/22 11:15

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com