Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Future Fly Tyers

From Bucks County
Awesome photos and great memories. Frame those photos and hang them in your area. Great post, I envy you.

Posted on: 12/7 20:44

From North East PA
Quote:

osprey wrote:
djs........THAT is just so cool and brings back fond memories of my two young uns , daughters , sittin on my lap when they were that age, one is 27 and the other 22 now, also they both caught trout on flies they tied and i got to see that too, give you a lil sumpin to look forward to and i hope it's as great for you as it was for me. VERY , VERY NICE!!!!

Osprey,

I'm glad the post brought back good memories for you and hope you get to create more.

I'm going to put these flies into frames for the kids and will, hopefully, tie some more before I get them out on the water in warmer weather. I may have to get a Michigan license to do that, but it will be worth it.

Posted on: 12/7 20:47

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Couldn't Care Less
Great pics Dave ... wait until they get their 1st fish with "Poppa". The innocent curiosity of a young child is awesome!

Posted on: 12/13 13:14

From North East PA
Andrew

Thanks!

In Detroit as I type this reply. I've gotten a pair of frames that have one side to hold the print and a smaller side to hold the fly and I will be giving them to the grands this evening.

Can't wait to see the look on their faces!!

Dave

Posted on: 12/13 15:45

From Couldn't Care Less
Dave ..

I always find it great how special a bond kids can have with their grandparents. My lil ones can't wait to head down south and see both sets and they basically forget mom and dad. Who can blame em; instead of trying to explain to them how important healthy foods are for them they get sugar cereal for bfast and ice cream for lunch, any toy they want (w/in reason) etc ... works for the wife and I as well as we have free baby sitters for 10 days

Enjoy and safe travels

Posted on: 12/13 16:21

From North East PA
Gave the flies and photos to the kids last night. It was even better than I had hoped for.

Christopher held his close and ran to everyone showing off his "fish-catcher" and picture with Poppa . He wanted to know if he could put it on the wall in his room.

Izzy was a little less excited than that, but still happy and sat on my lap pointing out details of the fly, asking if she could do it again when they came to visit.

Both of them were asking about going our fishing with Poppa when the weather warmed up.

Bringing back memories of time spent with my brother and Grandfather.

Great time last night and looking forward to spending more time with them today and in the future.

Posted on: 12/14 8:45

From Lansdale
djs, you've got it made. Enjoy them.

Posted on: 12/14 14:30

From South Central,PA
My daughter loves to help tie flies. She is five and cant really tie them on her own yet but she will select the materials and we'll make up flies together. Other times I'll give her sheets of foam (the cheap kind from the craft stores in a wide array of colors) She cuts them in to tiny pieces for hoppers. She has a whole bucket full of foam chopped up. We have an Angora Lionhead rabbit that she brushes and saves the hair for dubbing. I swear its the best dubbing I own!

Posted on: 12/16 13:08

From Ferguson Twp.
Here's my budding tier(granddaughter) Kassidy, we're working on thread control. My son and his family came up for the holidays.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 12/21 12:48

From North East PA
Quote:

lv2nymph wrote:
Here's my budding tier(granddaughter) Kassidy, we're working on thread control. My son and his family came up for the holidays.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Nice - Hope you frame that picture x2 - one for you and one for Kassidy to have when she's older.

Also looks like you have a bench to be really jealous of!

Anybody else out there have pics to share?

Posted on: 12/21 17:35

From Ferguson Twp.
Dave, that's a fine idea. Believe I'll do just that. Aren't grandchildren just the best thing going? I think it's great you've got your two tying, they will always remember sitting on poppa's lap at your bench. My son and daughter both have a box full of ties they did growing up. Good times.
Jack

Posted on: 12/21 20:06

From North East PA
Occasionally I come up with a good one. Can't take full credit for this one, though. KeithS suggested clipping the points and sending the flies home with the grands, and Rolf suggested framing and hanging the pics in my tying area. I just sorta combined the two suggestions........

Quote:

lv2nymph wrote:
Dave, that's a fine idea. Believe I'll do just that. Aren't grandchildren just the best thing going? I think it's great you've got your two tying, they will always remember sitting on poppa's lap at your bench. My son and daughter both have a box full of ties they did growing up. Good times.
Jack

Posted on: 12/21 20:31

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com