HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fly line color and scaring fish?

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
I think it depends on whether you have a tendency to make a lot of false casts. But then my catch rate went way up when I lost the bright colored lines.

Chaz, I agree I do very little false casting!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:56

From Pine Grove
I used a tip I seen in a magazine of taking a felt tip marker and just putting lines all over my line to create a sort of camoflauge. I'm not sure it did anything but it's just an idea i'll throw out there.

Posted on: 2010/4/4 16:19

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

From girard pa
I dont think brite line makes a diff i use brite ornage line on my rods. even my stellhead 8wt and steels get extra spooky when the water is clear and the crowds are in full force. if you use a fairly long leader and tippet and get it to lay down nice and easy it wont bother them. brite colors make it a lot more easy casting and detect hits with out a indicator. plus make it easy to mend in off colored water.

Posted on: 2010/4/4 20:57

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

JF_ wrote:
I think once flows are reduced and the water is crystal clear a bright colored fly line may spook more than a drab one. But more of a problem would be any line smacking the water near a fish.
John

JF

Are you still using that sissy peach line I gave you. I hated that line!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/4/5 8:24

I have a bright orange line from air-flo, fished bright green 444sl for 20 yrs and have changed to Rio gold with the olive/yellow color scheme. Have not noticed any difference in fish being spooked by line color.

Sharkskin claims that the rough finish deters flash while casting over spooky fish. Can't comment on that one though. Like others have said, stealthy stalk, good position and not a lot of false casting will help you spook less fish than a clear line. Bright lines are easier to see in the shadows and low light conditions.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 12:12

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com