Fly Fishing BEFORE Opening Day

flyman123

flyman123

I'm pretty new to fishing on my own, now with the recent passing of my father, and I was wondering if I could fishing a local stream that is listed as "DELAYED HARVEST FLY FISHING ONLY". Since opening day down here is April 2nd, 2011, I was wondering if I am still able to fly fish this section tomorrow (March 27th) since Delayed Harvest "regulations" say no closed season? Please help so I don't look like an idiot tomorrow.

Drew

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/delayedartificial.html
DELAYED HARVEST ARTIFICIAL LURES ONLY

Open to fishing year-round (no closed season).

Sounds like you're good to me.

I haven't been keeping up with PA laws, but I fished delayed harvest streams in PA when they first started DH. The reason for it is so you can fish it anytime but you can't keep any fish until what ever date they have set. So if you go there and fish, as long as you release them you are OK. Don't go beyond the designated area.

You can fish any special regulation before opening day, and any Class A water. Check out the PFBC website to find out which streams or which. PFBC County Guide

Yes you can.

Make sure you release your fish and don't stray outside the boundaries of the section labeled as DHFFO and you'll be fine.

Back