Finally!!

B

ballz

A big thank you goes out to muskylund1. He sent me a PM the other day with some tips on streams in my area that still fish well for trout and what flies to use. I decided on Friday to take the day off of work and head east. I found the stream and began my walk deep into the woods looking for fish. After spooking about 15 fish I spotted a nice looking fish ahead of me cruising a nice deep pool. For the first time I made a perfect cast and the wild brown nailed my black woolybugger as it was sinking. I tried to keep the fight short but was worried about losing the first trout if I horsed it in. After a quick gauge on the rod it appeared to be around 16". By far the largest wild trout I have caught to date and even better my first trout on the fly rod. Thanks everyone for all the tips and the all around good content on this board.

Brett

Congrates man, big trout have a way of getting under our skins and get ya obcessing. I had a simialiar run in with a trout my 2nd yr. flyfishing. A 24 inch brown. He hit a cooperjohn 1 night and had weight on em. went back 2 nights later when water was more in my favor. Hooked him on a size 4 black bugger. Landed him and havent looked back. And I havent come close to 2ft with a trout since.

Back