Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Anyone want to go fishing after Christmas?

From Mountville
I have some time off comming up after the Holiday which I will be splitting between flintlock season and trout fishing . If the weather is decent I will be doing some fishing in the York county and Lancaster county areas. I may also be willing to travel to the lehigh valley or centeral PA areas for a day. I'm not the most experienced fly fishermen but I have definately put my time in over the past year and could probably put us on some decent fish. If anyone is interested in fishing from the 26th - 1st let me know!

Posted on: 12/18 9:40

Re: Anyone want to go fishing after Christmas?

From York PA
Sure Im also a relative newbie to fly fishing in York County. Im good to go for the 27th or 28th probably. I fly fished NW Jersey as a teen then gave it up when I joined the Navy. Started fly fishing for O'io (bonefish) in Hawaii and started fly fishing Codorus and Muddy this fall. Look forward to meeting and wetting a line

Posted on: 12/18 11:09

From Philadelphia PA
Unfortunately, I am still recovering from two torn Achillis Tendons and would slow you down. Walking on dry ground (sidewalks etc.) is just not the same for me yet.....Trying it with waders on, in a slippery creek or river - I don't think I would fair too good.

Posted on: 12/18 12:41
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Clearwater II. Stay Fishing MF

From Tyrone
I will be splitting the time between Christmas and New Years on grouse hunting and fishing if you want to fish central pa let me know

Posted on: 12/18 16:32

From Mountville
Thanks guys, I wasn't really expecting any interest at all PM's sent. I hope the weather is nice enough.

Posted on: 12/18 20:46

From Philadelphia PA
Hopback...your dealing with real fly fisher people now. Winter fly fishing can bring about some real excitement when hooked up. Some of us are not afraid to get our toes and fingers frozen cold, just for the chance at catching wintering trout, or popping the ice off the flyrod eyelets this time of year.

Posted on: 12/19 9:32
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Clearwater II. Stay Fishing MF

From LV
Yeah, Yosemite.

Posted on: 12/19 17:30

From Mountville
I couldn't resist the warm weather and snuck out for about an hour today. I decided to try an area I have never fished before in York county on a small stream near the mouth of the Susky. I was able to catch this guy between raindrops!

Attach file:

jpg  Brown12.22.2013.jpg (144.22 KB)
9161_52b71e19c02ee.jpg 980X735 px

Posted on: 12/22 12:15

From Camp Hill, PA
Hummmm...

Must be a Sea Run Trout!

HopBack cool looking fish. There will be others...keep fishing all Winter straight threw until May. You might be surprised!

Posted on: 12/23 15:41

From Ferguson Twp.
Very good, congrats. I watch for those times when the temp jumps a little and hit the stream. In your case it was a lot!

Posted on: 12/24 12:56

From Lancaster, Pa
I am game for the days hopback mentioned... just let me know

Posted on: 12/25 5:36

From Latrobe
I've been a bait fisherman my whole life, but I just got a Redington 9'0", mid flex, 4 wt. rod for Christmas. I've been wanting to start fly fishing for the last 2 years, and I am finally going to get the opportunity. I can't wait to catch my first fish. My friend just took me casting today, and even learning to cast is the most fun I've had in I don't know how long. Best Christmas present ever.

Posted on: 12/26 22:27

From Mountville
Nice! There is nothing like catching your first fish on a fly rod! Hope you enjoy your christmas present!

Posted on: 12/27 7:49

From Mountville
I went on a Cabela's run today to and got a Reddington Pursuit 7' 3wt on sale for $59.99. I wanted to test it out on some Brookies so I ran up to road to Pine Creek for about an hour. This was my first time on a Brookie adventure and the Pursuit handled beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with the results. The nicest Brookie I got absolutely smashed a #14 Royal Wuf.

Attach file:

jpg  BrookiePineCreek12.27.13.jpg (128.65 KB)
9161_52be087b409de.jpg 882X662 px

jpg  Pine.jpg (132.46 KB)
9161_52be0955d188f.jpg 706X530 px

Posted on: 12/27 18:12

From Mountville
I will being going out Saturday in York county starting around 10-11am. It should be fairly nice with air temps reaching the upper 40s. I plan on trying a totally new stream to me and it is going to require some hiking and exlporation to get to the location. If that fails to produce I always have a good back up stream in my pocket. PM me if you are interested and I can give you the details and where to meet up.

Posted on: 12/27 18:18

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
29 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com