Anyone want to go fishing after Christmas?

HopBack

HopBack

I have some time off comming up after the Holiday which I will be splitting between flintlock season and trout fishing :-D. If the weather is decent I will be doing some fishing in the York county and Lancaster county areas. I may also be willing to travel to the lehigh valley or centeral PA areas for a day. I'm not the most experienced fly fishermen but I have definately put my time in over the past year and could probably put us on some decent fish. If anyone is interested in fishing from the 26th - 1st let me know!

Sure Im also a relative newbie to fly fishing in York County. Im good to go for the 27th or 28th probably. I fly fished NW Jersey as a teen then gave it up when I joined the Navy. Started fly fishing for O'io (bonefish) in Hawaii and started fly fishing Codorus and Muddy this fall. Look forward to meeting and wetting a line

Unfortunately, I am still recovering from two torn Achillis Tendons and would slow you down. Walking on dry ground (sidewalks etc.) is just not the same for me yet.....Trying it with waders on, in a slippery creek or river - I don't think I would fair too good.

I will be splitting the time between Christmas and New Years on grouse hunting and fishing if you want to fish central pa let me know

Thanks guys, I wasn't really expecting any interest at all PM's sent. I hope the weather is nice enough.

Hopback...your dealing with real fly fisher people now. Winter fly fishing can bring about some real excitement when hooked up. Some of us are not afraid to get our toes and fingers frozen cold, just for the chance at catching wintering trout, or popping the ice off the flyrod eyelets this time of year.

Yeah, Yosemite.

I couldn't resist the warm weather and snuck out for about an hour today. I decided to try an area I have never fished before in York county on a small stream near the mouth of the Susky. I was able to catch this guy between raindrops!

Attachments

• Brown12.22.2013.jpg
    Brown12.22.2013.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 2
Hummmm...

Must be a Sea Run Trout!

HopBack cool looking fish. There will be others...keep fishing all Winter straight threw until May. You might be surprised!

Very good, congrats. I watch for those times when the temp jumps a little and hit the stream. In your case it was a lot!

I am game for the days hopback mentioned... just let me know

I've been a bait fisherman my whole life, but I just got a Redington 9'0", mid flex, 4 wt. rod for Christmas. I've been wanting to start fly fishing for the last 2 years, and I am finally going to get the opportunity. I can't wait to catch my first fish. My friend just took me casting today, and even learning to cast is the most fun I've had in I don't know how long. Best Christmas present ever.

Nice! There is nothing like catching your first fish on a fly rod! Hope you enjoy your christmas present!

I went on a Cabela's run today to and got a Reddington Pursuit 7' 3wt on sale for $59.99. I wanted to test it out on some Brookies so I ran up to road to Pine Creek for about an hour. This was my first time on a Brookie adventure and the Pursuit handled beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with the results. The nicest Brookie I got absolutely smashed a #14 Royal Wuf.

Attachments

• BrookiePineCreek12.27.13.jpg
    BrookiePineCreek12.27.13.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Pine.jpg
    Pine.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 3
I will being going out Saturday in York county starting around 10-11am. It should be fairly nice with air temps reaching the upper 40s. I plan on trying a totally new stream to me and it is going to require some hiking and exlporation to get to the location. If that fails to produce I always have a good back up stream in my pocket. PM me if you are interested and I can give you the details and where to meet up.

Ended up doing another Brookie quest today in York County. I fished from 10am to 1 pm and did just okay. All caught on the Royal Wuf, nothing would touch a nymph...go figure? I'm going out fishing one last time on Monday before my holiday break is officially over. Thanks for everyone who followed this thread. I hope you enjoyed all the conseration and pictures.

Attachments

• Brookie12.28.13.jpg
    Brookie12.28.13.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Brookie12.12.13close.jpg
    Brookie12.12.13close.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 2
Well, I put on my waders and wading boots and took to PennyPack Park a few times over the holiday season. I looked at it as just another challenge that I would need to face and the sooner the better. I wadded a little slower, fished areas longer and ended up catching some trout.
Before Injury - 104
End of Year tally - 116

Back