Any interest in a Newbie Mini-Jam?

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

There seems to be some new guys here that might be interested in attending an instructional get together. This looks like a great opportunity to gather the troops, and help out some of our beginners.

What do you guys think?

I'd be willing to arrange this, probably on an upcoming Saturday in February, and the Little Lehigh would be a good place to meet. I'm thinking some casting instruction, basic fishing techniques for beginners, and covering the gear we use.

Please reply to this post if you'd like to volunteer to help with instructing, and also if you'd be interested in learning some basics.

H.A.

YESSS.

Haha sorry, but I would love to attend. I could use some help, haha. Reading only gets you so far.

I'd could possibly attend/help out, whatever is needed of me. But my Feb. weekends are looking BUSY. 26th/27th is the only weekend that isn't booked right now. Pick it then and I may attend.

That said, as I'm not the intended recipient of said instruction, completely disregard my availability....

I'd love to come too, but Feb is bad for me. Maybe early March?

I could be wrong but I think a lot of the little lehigh is closed to fishing after Feb. 28th. Of course there's the Special Regs sections, but they'll be even more crowded than usual.

Ed this sounds like an interesting idea. I would be up for attending depending on which weekend, but I probably fall somewhere in between instructor and student. I'll lend a hand where I can.

PS-Whats happening with those piggies?

JasonS wrote:
I probably fall somewhere in between instructor and student.

You'd make a fine instructor - I've seen you fish. I could use your help, if this comes to be.

The reason I picked a Saturday in February, is that I'll probably be back to teaching by March. It'd also be a nice way to break the cabin fever doldrums. I'm thinking the last Saturday in February would be good - might be a bit warmer by then.

We'd do this at the regs section - lots of room for casting there.

jdaddy = gear instructor, TU promoter, lunch guide. ;-)

I need something to break these winter blues. You pick the weekend I'll be there Sundays do work best for me.

I really wish this could be a little further south. It's such a hike, and I already made the drive up and back in a day last week. I'll try my best though.

littlelehigh wrote:
I need something to break these winter blues. You pick the weekend I'll be there Sundays do work best for me.

Gonna have to be a Saturday for me to be there. You up for teaching bugs/flies?

I'm thinking the guys that tie might want to throw some flies into a bucket, and we divide them up and distribute them to the newbies. Whatcha think?

Also thinking AM teaching, lunch break, PM onstream techniques.

Wife works Saturdays I'm most likely out. I'll get you some flies though either way. Lemme know.

Sorry man L,L is about a 3 1/2 hr ride east for me. I would love be there it's just a little far for me, keep us posted.

not free the 12th.

all other dates potentially open, except the one i'm onc all. no, i don't know when thiat is. pretty pointless post, eh? pretty pointless.

i'm in charge of teaching posturing.

Last Saturday in Feb should work for me. Count me in.

I need to learn as much as I can in the shortest possible time since I one of those old guys!!

The only Saturday even remotely open is the 26th. Everything else is booked.

Dave R.

I would be willing to host one in Western Pa at the Neshannock once the season kicks in. We did an informal get together last year over the grannoms and had a blast. I'd be more than happy to show some newbies from my part of the state a few things too. Probably a week or so after opening day would work best.

PM me if you have any interest.

Ryan

OldLefty wrote:
The only Saturday even remotely open is the 26th. Everything else is booked.

Dave R.

I see your telepathic powers are intact - we have ESP(N). :lol:

If you can make it, I'll gratefully turn over the casting instruction to my favorite casting instructor. The 26th of February sounds good.

OK - we've got a really good crew of instructors, now all we need is for the folks looking for instruction to show some interest. Don't be bashful!

This is an opportunity to learn the basics, and also an opportunity for us to share some knowledge with our fellow PAFF members - in person, and FREE of charge. Getting to meet some of your fellow PAFF members is a bonus, too.

Please post if you have an interest in attending - this would be an informal gathering. If you can attend, fine. I'd just like to provide the opportunity to our fellow PAFF members, families, and friends. Lurkers are welcome too!

ryguyfi wrote:
I would be willing to host one in Western Pa at the Neshannock once the season kicks in. We did an informal get together last year over the grannoms and had a blast. I'd be more than happy to show some newbies from my part of the state a few things too. Probably a week or so after opening day would work best.

PM me if you have any interest.

Ryan

Attaboy Ryan! We'll have the whole state covered. Your event hosting skills are well proven - you're gonna have Oram's donuts, aren'tcha..... ;-)

Back