Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Anxious Beginner

I second the advice to go back to Yellow Breeches fly shop and get their advice on tacke, and buy from them. If you don't want to spend a ton of money tell them that. Like most fly shops, they have tackle at the moderate price levels that will get the job done, as well as the higher end tackle. It's good to build a relationship as a regular customer with a good fly shop. You will learn a great deal from them, which will be very helpful to you as you are learning flyfishing.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 9:34

From Johnstown, PA
troutbert........Amen to that!!! building a relationship with a local fly-shop owner is invaluable. If you show up often enough that they get to know you they will help in so many ways you won't believe it. It's a thing where they want to have your business and you want good deals and maybe some help/advice/instruction. It's a WIN/WIN situation.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 9:47

From Enola, Pa.
anxious

YB has many mile of open water that is stocked by the FC. It's stocked above Rt 94 in Mt Holly down to New Cumberland where it empties the river, alot of nice water above Rt94.

My favorte area was along creek road, alot of the creek gets warm in the summer months. If I were you and plan on fishing it now I would fish the reg waters at Allenberry.

The best thing for you would be get a map of the stream, I'm sure they have them at YBO's and take a day to just explore the whole stream. I think it has around 30 miles of open water, enough to keep you busy.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

PaulG
Ps, a good idea would be to join the YBAC club, they could give you good advice, and they also stock some of the stream, good organization to belong too!

Posted on: 2011/1/31 8:29

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com