Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Risen Fly Grand Opening!

From Ephrata, PA
Well its a solid line. The one thing I noticed that makes it stand above other lines in the same price (BPS in particular), is that the coating on the line doesn't come off when I tie the nail knot.

Posted on: 2012/11/15 12:51

From Cabins, West Virginia
Best of luck.

Posted on: 2012/11/16 6:32

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I'm now the proud owner of a Risen Fly "Alpha" Fly Line in WF3F. I got it spooled tonight. Hopefully I can give it a field test soon.

Thanks Ryan!

Posted on: 2012/11/24 20:31

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I've never seen you catch a small fish so I'm sure it will be broken in properly!

Posted on: 2012/11/24 21:41

Use code "paff" for 15% off.

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
Took a trout on a dry today on my new line. I was pleased with the line's performance.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 22:27

From Philadelphia
Used my Ithicus 3/4 yesterday and liked it. Hard to say anything about performance at this point since it was just a little brookie stream but it did everything I needed and was balanced well on my 6.6' 2wt. Fly line seemed okay too. Like I said didn't do much casting over a few feet but when I had to, the line went out well. Not sure how long it will hold up but so far I liked it. I'm not big on spending a lot of money on fly lines since I'm so tough on them anyway, but if I can get a season or so out of it, I'll have my new source of lines.

Thanks Ryan.

Posted on: 2012/12/3 7:16

Glad you're enjoying the reel! I have several people using the 3/4 on their 2wt's and they feel the same way. Good balance, looks awesome, and performs great.

Don't forget the give away in the other post and another give away on Facebook.

Posted on: 2012/12/3 12:05

From Southwestern NY
Hey Ryan thanks again for the line i won, spooled it up on my 3wt mystic m-series, and man how much better it casts vs the rio avid trout i was running before!

Sweet line for the money, excellent fly setting(i'd say presentation, but it seriously sets the fly down as light as a feather!)!

Thanks again DJ

Posted on: 2012/12/14 11:26

Glad you enjoy it! Still 2 give aways left on Facebook.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 18:41

From Portage, PA
Ryan sent me an Ithcus 5/6 in black to test out. I wanted the gun metal but he accidently shipped the black. I took it out and tested it the day after I got the line spooled up. First cast produced a 16" bow. It took my size 6 anchor fly.

My instincts kicked in and I fought the fish by adjusting the drag, palming, and feeding it line.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

The next few cast produced a rainbow between 18 and 20 and took my "Twisted Caddis" pattern. I let the reel do all of the work. I matched the drag and let the rest up to the reel. I am very happy with the performance the reel had. The drag never slipped up and kept at the setting i preset. I only had to adjust it mid fight when the fish needed a little bit more drag. This fish made many runs and the reel stayed smooth, never loosening and the line was sent out perfectly to the setting.

I am very happy that ryan sent me the reel to test but I am sorry to report i kept the black. I figured that on the first trip out 45 minutes producing 3 trout and 2 of the three over 16" was a sign. Plus it complinments my Reddington Pursuit rod very well.

The reel was spooled with his line and backing as well and performed just as great as the reel. The set up blew my Okuma SLV out of the water. The only slight down fall was the reel was a bit heavier than my Okuma. This is not a big deal because the construction is way better.

PROS)
-extremly smooth
-silent when reeling and very quite on the drag and line pull
-beautiful reel with great design and aestheic features
-Drag system works flawlessly
-Best reel under 100.00 period
-Came from an active PAFF member

CONS)
-just a bit heavier but a great sacrifice for durability

I may be purchasing a 4 weight in gunmetal soon. I want to get a 4 weight rod as well, and will probably use our other sponser, Allen Fly Fishing to do so. It is great that we have such great quality products available on this forum.

Just wanted to say thanks to Ryan for being very easy to work with, and all of the tips he has shared with this website. I had just set up a checking account for my fly business. Ryan was gracious enough to wait to be paid until i got my new card set up.

I wish him the best of luck, and do what I can to send business his way. Definetly a reel I am proud to put my reputation on and suggest to others.

Mike

Posted on: 2013/2/1 8:42

Thanks for the kind word Mike. I've got people all over the country and even the world saying very similar things about our products. I've been using them for a little while longer and can say I'm very pleased with how everything came out and their performance.

The weight difference in our reels is mainly due to materials used. Our machined aluminum reels will typically weigh a bit more than some that have plastic components. Either way ours will not only out perform those reels, but out last them too!

Accessories and fly boxes will be in by about 2 weeks. A little spoiler of a sale... 2 zingers, nippers and hemos for $15 total for a week once they come in stock!

Posted on: 2013/2/1 13:00

From Pittsburgh
Hey ry, do you have waders?

Posted on: 2013/2/1 20:03

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I look forward to picking up a real to pair with my Echo 10'6 3wt. I think the little extra weight will help balance the rod.

Posted on: 2013/2/1 20:09

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

Quote:

David wrote:
Hey ry, do you have waders?

I thought about adding waders at one point but in all honesty I don't think I ever will. I think waders are probably the highest probable product to receive a warranty claim and I'm not sure if I want that hassle.

I'll have the accessories and fly boxes coming out soon, probably a few more color options for my reels this summer, and hopefully rods in the next 12-18 months. It'll just take time to progress as the money tree in my back yard is in full winter mode.

Posted on: 2013/2/2 8:26

From Pittsburgh
But I need a new set of waders...

Posted on: 2013/2/2 8:43

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
154 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com