Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

IMPORTANT NEWS - Garming GPS Fishing Guide

From Warrington
Due to a lack of internal memory on Garmin's GPS devices, Garmin map updates are now requiring many GPS owners to purchase a microSD card that must remain in the device for it to operate. This new development makes users unable to use the GPS Fishing Guide. I am disappointed with this turn of events which is beyond my control but I can no longer recommend purchasing the GPS Fishing Guide for Garmin.

I had experimented with the only other option available on Garmin several years ago. This was a downloadable version however that process locked the product to the specific GPS device on which it was installed and required a lot of product support. That just didn't work!

I'm sorry to say, I will be discontinuing the GPS Fishing Guides for Garmin from my catalogue and focusing exclusively on smart phone products. For those who already own a Garmin Fishing Guide, I will continue to support it with updates for the next year of two so you'll get your money's worth. I can make no promises beyond that. Maintaining my software license with Garmin is too expensive to continue supporting Garmin in the long term.

If you already were required to purchase a microSD card for your Garmin to update your maps, I do have a work-around that will allow you to use the GPS Fishing Guide however the process is time consuming and not a long term solution. Please contact me through support on my website and I can talk you through the process.

Mike G.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 10:40

Re: IMPORTANT NEWS - Garming GPS Fishing Guide

From Philadelphia
Thanks Mike as this is very timely for me since I am contemplating getting a new GPS to hand mine down to my son and wanted to get a Garmin so I could purchase this software. Disappointing yes, but certainly very helpful for you to let us know.

Posted on: 2013/9/6 10:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
154 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com