Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yellow Breeches Anglers Spring Outing

From Boilingsprings
If you have ever fished the Breeches you know how good the fishing can be. One reason is the Ybac stocking over 35,000 trout. They are a co-operative nursery with fish and boat and have all the burden of rearing and float stocking the fish for the public to catch.

Spring Outing: March 23, 9:00 to 4:00

Speakers, exhibitors, refreshments and yes they are stocking the catch and release area with some quality trout.

Free admission,so I hope to see everyone there to help support a great group of hard working guys.

Web: ybacnursery.org

Posted on: 2013/3/18 8:59

Re: Yellow Breeches Anglers Spring Outing
From Dallastown, PA
Bump:

This outting is this weekend and if you have fished the Yellow Breeches it is likely you have benefitted from their work. Anyone who fishes the yellow breeches should consider the minor ($15) donation of a membership to this organization that helps with quality, catchable fish numbers and angler access.

www.ybacnursery.org

Posted on: 2013/3/19 7:26

From Boilingsprings
Thanks for the good words. I used to be the assistant nursery manager there years ago and my hats are off to the guys. If you catch a brook trout in the Breeches you should thank the YBA, big fish could be the same.Also they treat there fish like they are there babies in that if any fish is not in excellent shape, fin rot and other minor problems it gets stocked or removed. All moneys involved come from donations. So thank you for all support. They raise between 35,000 and 40,000 a year and stock in public waters.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:37

From Gettysburg
+2. Good organization.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:39

From Boilingsprings
On behalf of the YBA I would like to thank everyone for coming to the outing. Many organizations are going through changes and the Anglers are one. They have some other ideas of perhaps someday changing the outing. I think a little tweeking is all that is needed. This is a very well established group and the outing is a part of there history. Please comment on any ideas you may have for the betterment of the organization.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 6:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
116 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com