western PA wild trout and sandwich symposium

bikerfish

bikerfish

just thought I'd move this over to the events section. looks like we have quite a few interested in meeting up and discussing/planning/dreaming about wild trout streams in our little part of the state.
anyways, looks like saturdays work for most, so lets try for saturday jan. 23, primanti's in cranberry twp, between 1-2 in the afternoon. sandwiches, some beers, trout talk. (really, what else is there?)
if this doesn't work, let us know, nothing is written in stone, we have all winter, and it looks like it's gonna be a long one!

sounds good , that will work for me

I'm interested in this. Unfortunately, my job requires me to work every other weekend - and that's one I'm on.
Sounds like a nice time, though

Works for me I'm in......I have the National Geographic Topo maps for the state so I can bring them and a lap top along.

I should be able to make it but won't be sure until a few days before hand. Maybe this will be a good excuse to get the Delorme Atlas I want!

Nice guys I am in as well.

I should be able to make it, but can't commit yet...I'll let ya know for sure when I find out.

I see map talks going on else where on here.

What map should I bring with me next Saturday??

PS I will be wearing a camo Sage hat to the event which my buddy got me for Christmas, oh and I will probably have a map and crap too hahahaha. Guess that it should be pretty obvious!

i say bring any map that you want discuss, i know the main topic is the neshannock and any wild tribs in the area, i`m bringing some topo`s of the ANF, maybe somebody can point out some streams to try, also my camp is on the forrest/ elk co border so maybe we can plan a trip for al of us to fish that area

If you guys don;t want to wait until next week. I saw this just today..

TRI-COUNTY TROUT CLUB Sport Show / Flea Market Saturday January 16th, 2010 10:00am – 3:00pm (No early admission for buyers)

Buy & Sell fishing, camping, hunting, sporting items
Featuring Turtle Soup from Turtle Guy Greg Levish
Bamboo Fly Rod dealer w/ free appraisal of your old rod!
Turkey call makers; Antique Fishing Lures; Books
(But NO FIREARMS)
Come out and find some great deals!

*** Reserve a Table for only $5 ***

Non–Member Admission $3; Children under 12 free!

That's FANTASTIC Tom.... but..... where is it?? :-D

Sounds fun. If I am not working I will stop.

millertime, bring any maps you want, I think we will have a least a couple gazeteers there, along with some topo maps. I'll dig up some state forest maps also.
anything related to fishing wild trout streams on this side of the state is great!
I'm looking forward to it!

primanti.jpg

I'll try.........all i can say at this point , lived and born in SWPA i never had one of those famous sammiches yet but it's on my list , it would make me happy to do that with you folks , would be cool to meet you all for the first time and have my first Primanti's sammich , or in Johnstownese sang -gwitch.

http://www.primantibrothers.com/01locations.html#suburbanlocations

Geez... even pete and GG live near one...Come to Greensburg if you get desperate. Its right on rt30.

Back