Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: The Fly Fishing Show - Lancaster, PA

From Souderton PA
Dave K, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope all is well.
I though the show was fantastic and enjoyed meeting a good number of guys from the forum. I thought that the venue was a great choice and it was good to talk to people from places like western PA and Maryland that would not normally have made a show. It looks like the show will be returning to Lancaster next year. And I have to agree with Lestrout on the dual casting ponds. You could actually get time on the pond if you wanted to try a rod.
Tying at the show was great, but it pretty much prevented me from going to any of the presentations. I did manage to slip away long enough to pick up some materials and a few other items. But it was worth it to be able to talk fly tying with a lot of like-minded folks.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 21:50

From harlansburg
had a great time at the show, good getting together tocar, zenherper and timrobinson for some lunch. got some good deals on stuff I didn't need! had a great dinner thanks to timrobinsons suggestion, and had some more excellent beer.
wanted to fish sunday on the way home, but woke up rather tired and not exactly 100 percent
glad to hear it might be returning next year, the facility was first class all the way, our room at the hotel was fantastic, and good eateries and drinkeries within walking distance.
Dave, sorry you couldn't make it, hoping for a speedy recovery for you family member.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 7:19

From Christiana, Delaware
I attended. It was my 1st Fly Fishing show. The facility was great. The vendors were great. The fly tyers were approachable. Sat in on a few seminars that provided good info.
The only thing I thought was lacking was I didn't see much on local guides.
I will attend next year.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 12:26

From Mount Joy, PA
I thought the food left a lot to be desired. But then again, perhaps there wasn't much of a demand for food. Soft pretzels and soda didn't seem to cut it. Perhaps I missed the "main meal"?

Posted on: 2012/2/20 15:00

From Wrightsville
My first show and I loved it. I hope they come back to Lancaster. Spent a lot of time watching the fly tying and attending the forums.

The food/drink area was terrible. For anyone outside of the Lancaster area the Central Market which is open on Saturday is 30 yards away.

I saw the employees of the venue stocking the soda case with warm soda and walked down to Rite Aid (one block away) for a cheaper cold one.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 21:51

From Mount Joy, PA
Okay, so it wasn't just me then with regards to the food...

I enjoyed checking out the Allen rods; they looked nice! They had a nice little 6'6" 3wt that had a good feel to it.

Also enjoyed talking with Mike Heck for a bit and watching him tie up a Shenk's white minnow. The tying tables were neat to walk by and from a beginner tyer's standpoint, there was a lot to learn.

Looking forward to next year already!

Posted on: 2012/2/20 22:11

From harlansburg
my girlfriend spent some time over at the central market and said it was awesome! If I go next year I'll def try to make it over there to check it out, I love markets! I never found where the food was at the show! glad I didn't!

Posted on: 2012/2/21 6:44

From Mount Joy, PA
Central Market is cool. Lots of fresh, local produce and baked goods. The "Food court" was right next to the main showroom BTW.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 8:57

From chester ct
Higher dollar and ambience, but the Marriott bistro up the stairs toward the main street had very delicious soup and appetizers.

tl
les

Posted on: 2012/2/21 12:38

From Shamokin-Coal Township
I had a great Chocolate Creme Brule for dessert at Carrs. It is at the end of the farmers market in the building next door. Fantastic food 6-10 bracket, the dessert was worth th $6!

Posted on: 2012/2/21 18:52

From Meridian, ID
Had I known Subway was across the street, I would have gotten that over the "food court" offerings they had. It is FebruAny!

Posted on: 2012/2/21 20:20

From Enola, PA
Quote:

GRP wrote:
Had I known Subway was across the street, I would have gotten that over the "food court" offerings they had. It is FebruAny!

the best part was that the "sandwich artist" understood the concept of "extra pickles" at the Subway near work i usually have to tell the girl at least twice to add more pickles.

Posted on: 2012/2/22 10:20

uhh...nevermind

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
82 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com