Stocktoberfest Officially Cancelled

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Sorry guys. Apparently some tiny minded guys decided that poking fun at get togethers to further the comraderieship I thought this web site was geared to promote was more important than fostering the ideals of this web site controlled? Really.....making fun of incorporating my dog Penny Lane who was with us for Fest 1 and 2 was reason to ridicule the get together? Maybe next year.

was never my ball. ps last year I spent $200 bucks out of my pocket to foster a good time. does that sound like a selfish person?

The only reason I didn't plan to go to this Stocktoberfest was that I had previously scheduled not one, but two, concurrent events. Last year fade was a host who went way beyond. I've never been to a tailgate party that outdid what fade did last year. His generosity is not to be belittled or trivialized.

If Stocktoberfest gets rescheduled, count me in. And I will bring extra pipe tobacco again.

tl
les

Fade,
Thanks for the effort. Last year was a great time. I was looking forward to this year.
It seems there is more contention on the board than I can remember in the past. Too bad it has to ruin things for those not involved.
Take care.

As someone from the outside watching this unfold this event was doomed from the start.

Pick a date, time and location and that’s it you can either make it or you can't. This started to fall apart when you tried to accommodate everyone, as it quickly turned into a free for all with people suggesting other dates, other streams for reasons such as closer to home, better parking, better suited for booze consumption, better suited for dogs, etc.

If you are organizing the event run it the way you want and screw everyone else.

Greenweenie is correct. This has been the MO of the yearly Jamboree in Central Pennsylvania. The "management" was initially vilified for commandeering the annual Jam, but it is an inevitability of the growth of the site.

I urge all organizers to select the date that works for them and then commit to it and stick to it, despite naysayers and honest "suggesters."

For those that would have enjoyed this event, I feel bad that it won't take place.

A northcentral "Quill Gordon Jam" was organized for the better part of a whole year, and it ended up being a weak turnout, yet those that attended were very pleased with the result.

The first Spring Jamborees variously drew from a half-dozen to a dozen participants. Yet, the band marched on.

Chock it up to experience.

The 2013 QG Summit is already on my mind, and I learned pretty darn quick that you ain't gonna please everyone, so pick a date, set it, stand by it.

Fade definitely went above and beyond last year, so it is a shame that things didn't fall into place this year.

Anyone who is now looking for something to do on the 20th, you are welcome to join TU on our Eastern Brook Trout Joint Venture project on Willow Creek in Berks. We can fish the Tully afterwards.

OK guess I will be playing golf then.

sorry it did'nt pan out fade. you put on a great get together last year. we had a great time, especially after the fishing, bs'ing and you spared no expense in the tailgate set-up. mayby next year..

andy

Back