Saltwater Jam - Sandy Hook: 11-17-2013

Fredrick

Fredrick

We will be having the second annual Sandy Hook Jam on 11-18 this year .Which falls on a full moon and is usually a great day for striper fishing :-D. Hopefully we don't have any 50 year storms hit the week before again. We will most likely be staying at the Fairbanks again this year more details will be posted as we get closer to Nov. The motel is newly remodeled with new owners. The hotel has a very nice restaurant right next store that has a OK beer selection and fine Italian cuisine . So add this date to you calendars people . We had a blast two years ago hopefully we will have a better one this year . I'm looking forward to see how some of you have progressed over the last two years.

The hook will be open to almost all forms of recreation on May 1 .I will definitely make the trip for the opening to scope things out and give a report when I get back .

Planning a little early? Nice

Will see if I can make it, lived in Bradley Beach for years

didn't expect this post till at least mid summer when we are all complaining about we cant wait till it get cold again, and where are the sand eels and peanuts. I just want it to get warm now. ill be there.

Any thoughts on a Spring get together, maybe IBSP or northern NJ?

im down for a spring meet up or a small get together. Give till may id say. water is still real cold.

Is anyone up for coming to the hook with me May 1st ish for the opening of sandy hook ?

Fred
I will join u May 1 ish. Should be great.
Larry

I will try to make the Jam...haven't fished at the hook much.

I'm still trying to get out this spring, but I can't make it down on May 1. I'm up for another day, if anyone is interested...

I might be in for May 1. got to seen when it get closer to the date. I am going to try to get down there as much as possible this spring. still tying for that 20 pound fish on the fly. I'm thinking a bunker head fly may be the ticket. first I have to figure out how to tie it.

marcq wrote:
I might be in for May 1. got to seen when it get closer to the date. I am going to try to get down there as much as possible this spring. still tying for that 20 pound fish on the fly. I'm thinking a bunker head fly may be the ticket. first I have to figure out how to tie it.

I'm not sure what my scedule will be like for May 1 yet. But most likely I will be taking off around that date depending on the weather . We should all agree on a date to meet so we can organize a mini Jam . As long as its not sun I should be able to attend.

afishinado wrote:
Bump

Funny. I was just looking for this thread to bump it this morning and didn't realize Afish beat me to it. :)

(Moved this morning from WW forum to the Events and Meet-ups forum)

There is a typo in my original post this event will be held on 11-17-13 which is a sunday.

Your typo fix might need a typo fix.

Fredrick wrote:
There is a typo in my original post this event will be held on 7-17-13 which is a sunday.

It's gonna happen last week? :-D

jdaddy wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
There is a typo in my original post this event will be held on 7-17-13 which is a sunday.

It's gonna happen last week? :-D

Its fixed

Always coming up short.

Back