Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Quick plan Juniata WW JAM 7/26 & 7/27

From Lancaster
I am planning on hooking up with FI to do some wade fishing on the Thompsontown pool on Friday evening.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 12:42

From Gettysburg
I'll be arriving at Thompsontown about 4-4:30pm and will try to be at the boat ramp at 5pm for the linkup.

The river level is right about 3.7 which is a good level for wading as well as floating (will have to to get out and drag a boat in some spots). The water temps are also in the mid 70s which is lower and better.
Looking good for tomorrow!

Posted on: 2013/7/25 13:05

From Gettysburg
Fished in the evening with DC410 and, although weather and conditions were nice, the fish were off. Water temps were mid 80s along the shoreline and clarity was about as clear as I've ever seen it. There was also a lot of algae clumps drifting in the main channel at all levels of the water column, which was a nuisance. A local feeder creek read 68 degrees and had hundreds of big suckers laid up at the confluence (and one trout). We caught a few bass, mostly small, and a bunch of foot long fallfish. The evening topwater bite didn't materialize - I couldn't get a fish to touch a popper. However, we did see many bass including multiple fish in the teens and one we estimated was over 20 inches. It was also good to see strong numbers of YOY bass along the shoreline as well as fish from last year. Redbreast sunfish were also common and DC410 got several hand sized RBs. The bass are there, they just weren't biting.
A handful of white flies were seen at dusk but the hatch is not underway yet on that section of river.

Posted on: 2013/7/28 8:25

Edited by Fishidiot on 2013/7/28 8:49:56

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com