HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 17 »

Re: PAFF Annual Spring Jamboree 2010
From Monessen, PA
Quote:

osprey wrote:
What do i have to do in addition to showing up , like reservations and stuff like that?

You just need to show up. We chose a campground to gather. As a group we will have an area (the pavilion) where people can meet after sunset and also an area (PaulG's camper) where people can gather to have morning coffee. The pavilion will remain available to be used for a meeting or gathering place for the whole weekend if people want to take a mid-day break or whatever. Accomodations are on your own. Though it is unlikely for all camp sites to be booked, it is theoretically possible, so a reservation might be advisable. Also, having a choice of campsite (near pavilion, far from pavilion, near bathrooms, etc.) might dictate making a reservation early as well.

Hope to meet you there.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 16:19

From Bozeman
I would recommend camping a greater distance from the pavilion if you are one to retire early and are sensitive to noise. The discussion continues late into the night at the pavilion.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 16:38

From Butler, PA
I am hoping and assuming the famous evan williams will be making an appearance in the pavilion.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 17:50

From aliquippa
i can vouch for what jay said, i got there on thurs eveing and of course what else, it poured down rain, rudy said pitch your tent here under the pavilion which was a good idea at the time , i think there where 4or 5 tents there , still trying to figure out how shakey got all his camping and fishing gear in those saddle bags on that bmw..lol

Posted on: 2010/1/21 13:28

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Things are not set in stone yet for me. But right now it looks like I have the entire following week off. Which would most likely mean I'm arriving Friday and staying the week.

Shakey's guitar performance was actually on my guitar. Assuming my plans don't change, I will bring it again and he is welcome to use it. So if he can't fit his on the motorcycle, thats an option for him. I play too but I can't hold a candle to him (or most others, probably), so for the sake of everybody's sanity I'm always willing to let others play it. :)

I'm up in the air on lodging. I invited my wife but she's doubtful. Assuming she doesn't go I'm open to a cabin if anyone wants to go in on that. Millertime, I'm also open to sharing a campsite, not the tent though, lol.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 13:49

From Butler, PA
all of the cabins are booked right now did you already reserve one? If so I will definately share it if it comes down to it. I am staying over friday night and saturday night fishing all day sunday and heading home.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:20

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Miller,

It's lookin like I'll be in a tent on Friday and Saturday for sure, I'm not sure whats gonna happen after that.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 15:34

From Greensburg, PA
Tenting it isn't so bad. I did it for all but one Jam. If you have a tent big enough to accommodate a cot, I highly suggest it as heavy rain just about guaranteed.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 16:10

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

tomgamber wrote:
Tenting it isn't so bad. I did it for all but one Jam. If you have a tent big enough to accommodate a cot, I highly suggest it as heavy rain just about guaranteed.

Yeah, and you didn't do it last year when it got down to freezing...BRRRRRRRRRRRR...I got caught unprepared for the cold!

Posted on: 2010/1/25 16:58

From Greensburg, PA
I missed last year but I have a very warm sleeping bag...when I lived in Idaho we used to just throw them on the ground when we got to the trailhead and get up the next morning to hike up to the lakes. There was usually frost on the ground in the morning. Of course it was @ 7000ft but it was July or August.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 18:12

From Monessen, PA
Tom's Grizzly Adams advice aside, having learned a bit more about tent camping from my adventure with Bruno to Pulaski in October, I recommend:

a tent you are sure is watertight
a ground cover under the tent to keep moisture away from the tent bottom if possible.
A cot or air mattress to get you off the ground and any moisture.
As tom mentioned, a warm sleeping bag.

Warm clothes to sleep in:
Breathable socks or wool if real cold
tossle cap, polypro or fleece pants/sweatpant/longjohns/sweatshirt.
Rain jacket and shoes/boots handy to leave tent and stay dry

If teamed with another or on your own, bring a canopy tent that you can set a picnic table under and have a relatively dry place to get out of tent, grab a beer, a snack, etc.

Have a flashlight or headlamp in your tent. Bring a lantern.

I've left stuff out, but this will help a lot.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 20:06

From Greensburg, PA
I mentioned these:

A cot or air mattress to get you off the ground and any moisture.
a warm sleeping bag.

Because I think they are the only variables from any other kind of camping. If you don't do the other stuff in any kind of camping you should get a hotel. I have done the air mattress thing...if you don't have a cot you'll get wet...its just a matter of how wet. If you have a pickup with a cap, get a thermarest or similar insulated pad and sleep in the bed...better than a lot of cabin beds.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 22:56

From Monessen, PA
My bad.

Posted on: 2010/1/26 6:27

From Greensburg, PA
I'll give you Grizzly Adams...

Posted on: 2010/1/26 8:01

From Lehigh Valley
I've never camped, so I'm completely without clue as to how this works. That said, I'm considering coming for a night or so, and will simply sleep in the back of my vehicle on an airmattress.

First off, from those who are campers, is this a bad idea?

I assume that all I need to do is reserve a spot with the camp ground then, tell the guy I'm sleeping in a van.

Are there facilities? I know, its a stupid question, but again, totally clueless here.

Posted on: 2010/1/26 8:54

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 17 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
103 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com