Newbie Brush-up Day - June 22

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

I volunteered to set this up this year due to H-A's crazy schedule at work right now and mine has become equally crazy recently but I need to get a date out there so here it is.

Hopefully, H-A, Delta-Dog and myself (along with other volunteers, I'm sure) will hold the annual "Brush-up Day" on Saturday, June 22nd at the Little Lehigh Heritage section. I'll announce a time as we get closer but I'm thinking maybe around 10am.

More details to come but wanted to get the date out there for planning purposes.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Fox

Mod's I put this in the beginners forum but if you feel it belongs in the Meet-up forum, please feel free to move it. Thanks.

Yeah! Im in!

I won't be able to help out this time. Golf fundraiser for the local school. scramble + beer = nap

might be willing and able to attend/help out with this. I'm a newby myself so I'm not really good for helping instruct. But I'm youngish and have two good hands and a truck if you need any of that type of help. I'm only about 15 minutes from the LL and would be more than happy to meet a few members here.

This sounds awesome. I would love to learn some things from you guys. Hah, I need all I help I can get!

Like PA said, I'm also a newb, but if there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one, Fox & Dog.

This is sure to be a great opportunity for anyone looking for some quality help in improving their flyfishing skills.

If there's any way I can be there, even in a sleep deprived state, I'll be there.

For anyone that hasn't met Foxgap239 and Delta Dog, I can offer this recommendation about them. They're my best fishing buddies - that's the highest compliment I can give.

Put the two of them together, and it's a guaranteed fun time. Don't miss this opportunity!

H.A.

Tentatively in!

Hope to make it but 50/50. Daughter leaves for camp that day so if I get the OK from my wife ... I'll be there arnd noon.

Up in the air on this date. I'd like to be there to help and learn, but my nieces graduation party may be that day. Dang. :-(

A lot of the fun I had last year was seeing what people had learned since the newbie jam....

And thin more fun at the Fish and Chips the next week!

Volksnurse wrote:
And then more fun at the Fish and Chips the next month!

FYP.

Fish and Chips is July 27th. ;-)

i'm a big maybe, we will be at dewey beach for the week befor that and the mrs wanted to possibly stop at the inlaws place for a break on the way home. if we do i'll make sur we leave early and i'll be there.

also is there any where around there that's large truck parking friendly? the one time i went there it was tight let alone a bunch of guys trying to park down there, f350 crew long box is not a small one but is awesome for traveling...

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
And then more fun at the Fish and Chips the next month!

FYP.

Fish and Chips is July 27th. ;-)

Tnx Ed!

DJBerg wrote:
also is there any where around there that's large truck parking friendly?

No problem - the stone/dirt lot across the street from the fish hatchery lot is pretty big. From there it's about a hundred yard walk on the streamside path downstream to the fly shop parking lot.

You could park a semi in that lot with not much difficulty. Just don't park in the hatchery lot (paved) - they have signs up stating that lot is for visitors to the hatchery only.

well i already have to back out, the mrs doesn't want to be on the road by 6am, so i can make it on time...

sorry guys one day i'll get down to fish and meet some of you...

Hello,

I would like to attend this as well if it is still on? Thanks to all the organizers willing to help out a newbie!

I was invited to the upper Delaware (east branch) a few weeks ago and really got the bug to learn more.

Hi forks - Looking forward to seeing you there.

Yes, this event is still on.

It'll feature instruction on topics pretty much across the board - from gear setup, to fly selection, casting instruction, etc.

Rather than a pre-selected program, we'll teach whatever the newbies would like to cover.

We'll follow this by having on-stream time with everyone, and hopefully get everyone into some fish.

Think about areas where you'd like help, and we'll cover it before we hit the stream.

H.A.

I'll do my best to make it! Thanks to all that are organizing this!

So is this like an organized class room event or is it more of a casual thing? More experienced guys grab a noob and go to a spot and fish? I'm just curious as i have never been to one...

J55tyger88 wrote:
So is this like an organized class room event or is it more of a casual thing? More experienced guys grab a noob and go to a spot and fish? I'm just curious as i have never been to one...

Casual organized outside classroom chaos.

It'll be a good time and given how the brush up days went last year, it'll be tailored on the fly to meet the wants/needs of those who show up.

And probably no noob grabbin. It's not polite.

Heritage Ed wouldn't organize no shoddy event. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back