Re: Lancaster Show

From SE Pa.
Les
Was just kidding with you !
There is never the right one !!!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/20 15:41

From West Chester
I enjoyed the show. It was my first time going to one of these shows. I found a few good deals and watched lefty's casting seminar. Hard to believe he's 87! It was cool to watch him cast-very effortless and graceful. I was surprised by the way he ripped into/embarrassed guys for not casting right. I'd always imagined him as jolly, sort of like a fly fishing santa, hopefully it was just for show. Nevertheless i practiced some of the techniques when i got home and found them very helpful.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 15:43

From SCPA
Be ready.. It went so well next year it is planned for the third weekend of March. Planning on adding some more vendor space. Way it sounds Pa may have a new home for a show. I loved it and more tired from Lancaster than Somerset. And no it was not from a late night.
Mike Heck

Posted on: 2012/2/20 18:50

From Lancaster Co.
I was there for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Caught the tail end of a European guy casting a bamboo spey. Watched Clouser's presentation on casting weighted lines and flies and saw a little of Joe Humphries (have seen him before). Clouser can cast with the best of them - absolutely effortless. Thought there was a good number of vendors and a lot of tiers. Some deals to be had. Sorry Mike - saw you at your station but never made it over. I could have spent a lot of time watching the tiers but the guys I was with lured me away to Annie Bailey's. My first time in the convention center. Really nice. Think it's a great location and glad to hear there are already plans for next year.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 19:05

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
McSneek, I likely saw you and didn't even know it.

I was there for a few hours Sunday afternoon. Wasn't really planning on going but it was close and I found a few hours. Outside of the celebrities, I only saw one guy I recognized, a friend from work. Talked to Mike for a minute or two and bought a few of his flies. Perused and bought a few flies from tiers. Picked up some tippet, loon knot sense, and a book. Test casted a rod or two. Watched Clouser do his thing, and then Humphries, both as impressive as ever. Skipped the seminars as they seemed to be the same ol stuff. Ate one of the worst burgers I've ever had. Signed up for my new local TU chapter, because, naughty me let my membership expire for a few months there.

Overall, pretty much exactly what I expected, which isn't good nor bad. Probably should have been fishing instead, so in that sense, not worth it. But still beat sitting at home. And I realized that, mentally, for me, attending a show seems to mark the end of one season and the beginning of another. If for no other reason, that was enough reason to attend. So, onward to the new season!

Posted on: 2012/2/20 19:40

I went Sunday also. It was my first FF show. I liked it alot. I found the semiar from Ozzie Ozefovich on the underwater world of trout to be very interesting. It's a real eye opener from the trout's eye persepctive. What other sport can you BS with some of the "superstars" and get some good info to boot? Bob Clouser really shows how to cast weighted flies without much effort at all. It was nice meeting Mike Heck at the show too. I will make sure I'm there next year.......I even got free parking in the lot becasue the machine wouldn't take my ticket and the attendant said "just go".

Posted on: 2012/2/20 21:06

From Maytown, PA
Ate one of the worst burgers I've ever had.!!

Me too!! I had one on Saturday. Probably my only gripe was the food that was at the concessions. Won't do that again! there's a subway right across from the street.

Posted on: 2012/2/20 21:20

From Camp Hill
Ditto on the burgers, however I really enjoyed the show. I wasn't very social as I was vertical for the first time in 6 days and just starting to feel better.
I'm reading a lot of older books, right now Ed Koch's, Fishing the Midge. Nostalgia gets me, even though I've tied his patterns for years it was really an honor to watch Ed Shenk tie and listen to his stories. Also, enjoyed speaking with George Daniels and firandfeather. As others have said it never gets old watching these guys cast.
I definitely will attend again in the future.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 9:32

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
62 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com