I Need To Release My Seven Mountains Reserved Cabin For the JAM

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

I reserved a cabin for the JAM 17th-19th. I did not realize at the time I made the reservation that my son graduates from law school and my daughter graduates from West Chester U both on May 18th. 2 Bedroom Cabin Full kitchen, shower, 2 bedrooms, landscaped w/ deck sleeps 5. One Queen and 4 bunks. I was going to cancel today but thought one of you guys might want to "buy" my reservation. I paid in full [$501.00]. Let me know first come first served. My best email is kevingibson@gibperk.com PH# 610.565.1708 Ext1.

Attachments

• Cabin.jpg
    Cabin.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
FWIW Fade, you may want to check with the campground as to whether they allow this (since your intent is posted on the web now). In the event someone from the site is interested in the cabin for the Jam, it might be better for them to just PM you and then call Seven Mountains and let them know what's up. I'm sure they could do a cancel/rebook, and would probably prefer this...and a Jammer still gets the cabin. All you'd be out at this point is the administration fee ($35 I think). You could even ask them to waive/reduce the administration fee since you found a new renter.

Swattie I have every intention of telling the folks at 7 mountains. Just wanted to do it this way in the event that a non JAM party tries to reserve the cabin. Unlikely I am sure but as this is their best cabin I wanted to do it this way first for the benefit of our members. I will cancel the reservation at the end of the week if no takers here. Since I used a credit card I am happy to allow for repayment in installments. Fade

Yeah, that's what I thought, and that definitely makes sense. My point is that the campground would probably prefer to have the credit card information and payment of the actually renter, as opposed to keeping your payment and having the new renter pay you. This is probably safer for you too. Just in the odd event of any damage to the cabin or the need for the new renter to cancel.

I think we're essentially saying the same thing in terms of practice...just don't cancel for a week and see if anyone from the board is interested. If they are, have them PM you, and then call the campground and let them know what's up...and that you have someone from the PAFF gathering who wants to rent it. Campground cancels your payment (and hopefully waives the fee). New renter calls Campground, books cabin, and arranges for payment.

That's the plan!! And man am I bummed. This would have been my first JAM.

I just called the Campground. They know they can release the Cabin. I had a post on the "Meet Up" forum asking if anyone had stayed in this cabin. Now I know why there were no responses. The Cabin was not in existence last year as it is brand new. I was told there are still 2 primitive cabins available.

Poke

Last chance and since I will have to pay the $35 cancellation fee anyway I will pass that along to any takers. $501- $35

Back