HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Fly fishing show Somerset

From Philadelphia, PA
Quote:

lestrout wrote:

So which day(s) are folks going to be there? I guess crowds will be light Friday, deals are best (if not the selection) Sunday afternoon.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

Posted on: 1/8 11:30

From Dauphin PA
Forgot about the "sheeta pizza" disaster. That guy was bent when Josh said "no, we ordered a cheese pizza, not a sheeta pizza". Flailing arms and swearing in Italian . I grew up with that type of reaction to everything I did.

Posted on: 1/8 12:21

From United States
My wife and I will be there Fri. night for the film festival and Saturday.

Posted on: 1/8 14:00
I am of the opinion that there is NOT one single population of wild trout that exists in our great state worth intentionally degrading for the benefit of any fisherman or any amount of money no matter how small the population.

Webmaster
I'll be there Friday thru Saturday annoying people with my camera. Maybe Afish will let us bum rush the Orvis booth for a meeting point on Saturday?

Posted on: 1/8 16:14

From Lambertville
Hey dkile, I should be there on Friday also, so maybe we can do a Friday bum rush on Afish.

Posted on: 1/9 8:31

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
Greenghost wrote:

I think it's too much, personally. Really, shouldn't it be free? We are the supporters of the industry. Why can't organizers get there income from participants of the show? And participants get their return on investment from business generated from attendees?

Excluded the why it should be free not sure how it could be free but would love to see the economics behind all that. I guess you can start with The Garden State Convention Center and go from there.

Re being a “supporter of the industry” …. If you are a supporter of a certain sports team should the tix and/or parking be free as long as you purchase a couple of dawgs, beer, some merchandise, etc, etc …

Quote:
Brookiechaser wrote:

I agree that it should be cheaper or free. The object of the show is for vendors to advertise their products. So essentially you're spending your money to give vendors the opportunity to take your money.

1) Umm ... the vendors do not own the Garden State Convention Center so ur beef should be with them not the vendors

2) Please explain how the vendors are going to "take your money"?

Posted on: 1/9 9:01

From Couldn't Care Less
Any of you gents know what films are being shown International FF Film fest? Went to the site and it seems to be one show for 2 hours .. doesn't sound like a film fest but just A film.

///Scheduled for Friday the 24th @ the doubletree

Posted on: 1/9 9:08

The exhibit center isn't free, the hotel breakout rooms are not free, the insurance that the show sponsor is required isn't free or cheap for that matter.

So why is everyone complaining?

I attend trade shows, the normal for a three or four days show is well over $600, plus travel.

$18 for a single day... A NICE DEAL.

Posted on: 1/9 9:39

From Philadelphia PA
Let's see, who is going to pay for rent of location, use of water (restrooms), electricity, Trash pickup, cleanup, etc?

Venders have to pay for rent of their space - which the combined, I doubt will cover the cost of rent of the building for the weekend. Please think this as an economic thing as well....Money will pour in -hopefully quicker than it pours out. More than likely most vendors will walk out of there with a small handfull of money in their pocket, break even, and/or maybe just maybe a few new clients.

Guess who has to pay........US.....

I learned a long time ago that things cheap or free don't equate to a good deal or happiness.

My recommendation is to spend the $18.00 for a day and make it an enjoyable adventure for what it's worth. Always look for the positive in things - Our world seams to be to busy looking for the wrongs/mistakes etc. - that take our enjoyment away.

Posted on: 1/9 9:59
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:

1) Umm ... the vendors do not own the Garden State Convention Center so ur beef should be with them not the vendors

2) Please explain how the vendors are going to "take your money"?

1 - You're correct, the vendors do not own the convention center. My "beef", which really wasn't that big of a deal to me I was just expressing my opinion, would be with the promoters. If I had to pinpoint it.

2 - Ah the joys of text based communication. They're not forcibly going to take my money. The point of the show from the vendor's perspective is to get me to buy their product, therefore taking my money. It's akin to charging to get into a mall.

What this argument boils down to is rational spending. How much value are you going to get from your money? If you spend the money and get your money's worth of enjoyment, then you were thinking rationally. If you spend the money and don't get your money's worth of enjoyment then you were spending irrational.

Everyone's enjoyment level is different and interests/interest levels are different. What I place a high value on, somebody may say is worthless.

Posted on: 1/9 17:12

From central bucks
If it was free, everyone would show up, interested or not.

Posted on: 1/9 19:03

Quote:

Number6 wrote:
If it was free, everyone would show up, interested or not.

That couldn't spread interest in fly fishing, or even sell some more items. Correct?

Posted on: 1/9 19:39

From Philadelphia PA
Realize that we all like low prices on items - however if they are way below what the competitor is offering - I myself would look at it as low quality or some how inferior. If the Fly fishing show entrance fee was, say $5.00 or free, I probably would not attend. And at the same time if a flee market entrance fee was $5.00 or free I would probably go. Quality expectations play an important aspect of decision making. Some won't go again because quality expectations were not met for them. I will go again because of the opposite reason. See you on Sunday most likely .. I have to see when my daughter's cheer competition is first.

Posted on: 1/10 10:59
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Realize that we all like low prices on items - however if they are way below what the competitor is offering - I myself would look at it as low quality or some how inferior.

Wow! I can see if they were different products. We all do that to some extent, and try to figure out how much is marketing B.S. and how much is real. But if it's the exact same model?

But if a guy sells a new Sage Z-axis for $200 and another guy sells a new Sage Z-axis for $400, same year of manufacture, etc. You'd think the lower cost one is inferior?

Posted on: 1/10 11:11

From Philadelphia PA
YES.....Simply said....I will not buy fishing rods from Kmart or Walmart "just because". However I will go to a mom and pop store and help the economy in the area out vs going to Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop. With that said - there is a limit to how much I would Pay above or below what I think it's value really is.

I don't and probably would not purchase a Sage rod....I am an Orvis Man - and have grown to appreciate their quality. "If something works perfect - why purchase anything else". So there is branding familiarity as well involved. Since I am familiar with their prices - if I see something for way less or way more than my expectations - I would be more hesitant to purchase it.

The lower cost one was probably outsourced and made in China more than likely.

Posted on: 1/10 12:00

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com