First Annual PAFF Philly Area March Madness Day - March 18

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

This is the off shoot of the "failed" Philly Guys Night out. Here's what we are going to do. Morning and afternoon fishing (one stream or multiple streams to be decided) followed by an evening re-hydration meeting. Date will be Sunday, March 18th. This way we can get to fish Special Reg areas before opening day and hopefully beat some of the crowds. That will also be the second day of round 2 of the NCAA tourny so there will be plenty of games to watch. McFinn will bring the signed basketball and guys who attend can also sign it and we will decide who holds the ball until next year.

Please PM me stream names you recommend and any local establishments that you feel should be included for consideration. Capones was the original spot where McFinn drank for all of us so that is certainly a place to consider.

Once we decide the details, I will publish for everyone. I'd like to have a definitive plan no later than next Saturday, March 10, so let me know.

George

Did you take into consideration that's also St. Patrick's Day and the bars will be crowded?

Charlie

Crap, No I didn't and I'm Irish too! Go figure. How's Sunday the 18th then?

Thanks boj, had to change to Sunday. Hopefully we'll get some guys interested even though it's a Sunday.

I should be good for the 18th but have to check my schedule.

I should be good that day...will send PM

kinda in...maybe...unless the wife kills me

I'd like to make this, but unfortunately i'll be in pittsburgh that weekend.

18th will be wobbly, but if it's @ Capone's again i can pour myself outta the hangover bed, or flower bed or wherever i collapse from St.Patrick's Day. I'm in.

nice! i should be good to go for this one.

Check with Capones before you plan anything.

It's hops season, and they do events now and then. If there is an event that day, you won't find parking within a mile, let alone get a table.

I can't imagine a sunday would be an issue, but if I were still around, I would definitely make sure.

Already on the calendar!

Okay, here's the tentative plan.

Fishing: 2 Choices - West Valley Creek or Pickering Creek @ 12 noon so that those who partied the night before can have some time to recover (McFinn!)

After Fishing: Capones @ 4 or 5PM. I called we should make a reservation and I will but Sunday's there are generally very light. I know some of us have to work the next day, so let me know what time works best for you.

Please let me know your preferred stream or maybe we can have two groups. I've never fished either but would be willing to lead a group if we wanted to split up. Once we know how many I'll get you arrangements on where we will meet. (Any body that knows these streams, please feel free to let me know good meeting spots.)

I'm going to send out a finalized plan this weekend so please have your preferences in by then. I also need to call Capone's so PM me if you intend to go to dinner even if you won't be fishing.

The Pickering is in my back yard. I fish it all the time. While I'd be glad to give a general overview of the stream and tell people what sections to fish I'd prefer not to "guide" it. If we split up I think I'd like to fish west valley because I've never fished it.

What's the head count so far? Do we need to split up?

Based on feedback so far, no need to split up. I think we have 3 or 4, including me and one may not fish.

If it's 3 or 4 guys I wouldn't mind fishing the Pickering and showing you guys around.

We'll wait and see how it unfolds. We may get more guys for after fishing than fishing and we will take you up on your offer. I haven't fished either, so both would be good learning experiences for me.

I should be in, but it depends on if I'm travelling or not...I will let you know

Never fished pickering, sadly. West Valley is always good. Bugs should be buzzing mightily by noon - hopefully. And Capone's is a lock for din-din. Good call on the rez, fox.

The Pickering was "crowded" on Sunday. Not sure what west valley is like on a nice day. My vote is for west valley.

Back