4th Annual Erie, Pa Steelhead JAM!

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

(I know it's a bit early but I know people are looking forward to this)
Well it's official ladies and gents. The 4rd annual Erie Steelhead Jam will be November 16th through the 18th. If you have never fished for steelhead, head up a few times a year, or need counseling for your addiction you are welcome to come. This has been a great event held for the last few years that allows people from all over to come and hook into some big fish with some great company. My thoughts on Erie have always been that there are always going to be crowds, you might as well surround yourself with friends.

So here's the official plan of events.

We will meet every morning at the pavilion at Folly's End Campground. They have been generous to us for the last 3 years and continue to do so. You can camp out there if you please, park a camper, or even call to see if they have any available place to stay. They have a fully stocked fly shop and elk creek is about 25 yards from the pavilion.

We typically meet as a large group for coffee and donuts and split up from there. Sunrise at that time of year is right around 7:00am, so if we plan to meet around 8am each day that should work out just fine.

Friday is typically a day where people filter in all day long. If you plan to attend and are unfamiliar with where to go or don't know many people from the board please let me know and I'll arrange for you to be met up there at your arrival time to be shown around and have someone to fish with. Folly's is probably the best place to go if you're unsure. There will be people there all day at the pavilion and fishing at Elk in that area.

Each evening we will converge at Avonia Tavern. Let's plan to meet there around 7pm. (Sunset is at 5) This is a great place to grab a good bite to eat and a great beer with lots of room for our group. We'll try to arrange a large table there every day so we're not waiting around like in years past.

Last but not least is a place to sleep. A bunch of people stayed at Sunset Motel last year. It's not too far away from our meeting places and very clean and inexpensive. There are many other places to stay in the area. Feel free to look around and find what you're looking for.

If you plan on attending please notate in this thread what DATES YOU'LL BE ATTENDING, WHAT TIME YOU'LL ARRIVE, AND WHERE YOU LIVE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN CARPOOL/SHARE A ROOM TOGETHER IF NEEDED.

If you need a cell phone number or 2 let me know and I can give you mine or someone else who will be there so that we can make sure you get hooked up with the group when you arrive.

Here's hoping for a good steelhead run and lots of fun at this years Steelhead JAM! :pint:

Ryan Gouldsbarry

I guess everyone is fishing at the Salt Jam this year :p

It's 3 months out. Still a long way away. If I build it, they will come!

Ry, I'm in this year. Let me know when you will be going up and I will tag along. If we decide to stay the night I can drag the camper. I may not be able to go up until Friday night.

If I'm home from Afghanistan, I'll be there Have my fingers crossed!

Would love to have you! If you do come get in contact with me before hand.

Just found out I will be home in time, looking forward to the jam.

This sounds like a cool event.

I live in edinboro and know Elk pretty well, i'd be willing t help get people to good spots.

Even know a few places that seem private, but really are accessible.

Great forum and it's helped me a lot.

Just trying to give back.

edinfly,

Hope you can join us. This is a nice gathering every year and we get a mix of folks who already know the steelhead game pretty well and of folks who are new to steelhead on the Erie tribs. We always appreciate the local knowledge.

Looking good for me to get up there again. GG

I plan on comming up a day or so.

i can't make it for sat or sunday, but if anyone is gonna be there early or late, I can come up and fish a bit.

Only way I am coming is if Shakey brings me and forces me to fish glass with Biker. Such Biker is out, so am I. Lol

I said I'm in for early or late, just not over the weekend.

Not enough, we won't have any time to find some "natives" to keep us warm. Lol

Bump!

6 weeks out!

I'll try to make it on one of the days. Not sure which one yet.

I will be there ,along with Da Moose from Thur to Sun. GG

Looking better and better...might bring my daughter...I know that is dangerous stuff...unless this is a no-girls event...

Think I can swing it this year.

Boss

Back