3rd Annual Western PA Wild Trout and Sandwich Symposium

PennKev

PennKev

What: 3rd Annual Western PA Wild Trout and Sandwich Symposium

When: Sat. Feb 4th, 1:00 PM

Where: Cranberry Primanti Bros.

The above is not yet set in stone but this is similiar to what we've done the last two years with good success.

Come eat, drink, and talk fishing. Everyone's welcome! Talk will cover everything from famous limestoners to Erie steelhead but there will be a lot of conversation about wild trout fishing in the western part of the state. Bring a Gazeteer or maps! (Particularly if this is your first time!!!!)

Input or suggestions welcome.

Have at it.

we better be careful though, might be some bait fisherman lurking over by the bar eaves dropping on us!!! :roll:

Tentative list of attendees so far:

PennKev
bikerfish
ryguyfi
dryflyguy
skybay
wildtrout24
jrcll

Add me to the list if you have enough space. I'll need the exact location before making the trip south.

Thanks,
Jim

don't worry riverdog, plenty of room. location is the primantis restaurant in cranberry twp pa.
linky to directions:
http://www.primantibros.com/01locations.html

I shouldn't have a problem making it.

Maybe we should all try to bring some flies to share. Hopefully by then I'll break out of this funk and actually tie something. Maybe the 400 flies I tied for my salmon trip did that.

tie flies?? me? oh man, your pushing it! guess I'll have to dust off the vice.

im just now getting out of that same funk ry i am currently tying steelhead flies hoping to make this last trip a good trip.....

I need to refill my nymph box and maybe a few dozen caddis just as starters. My nymph box is pretty bare for not doing much nymphing this year. Maybe meeting Bill last year at this event rubbed off on me...

We can't have one of these in Philly. We get to have Wild Fight and Cheese Steak Nights!

First you'd have to have a committee to decide Geno's, Pat's or Jim's!

I like ryans idea of maybe swapping a few flies. I brought some with me last year - but the subject never came up.

If this unusally mild winter weather continues, some of us may also want to wet a line after this get together.
We had bright sunny weather, with temps in the '50's yesterday. And no cold or snow is in the forecast any time soon

Since this is being held near Pittsburgh, shouldn't it be the "Sammich Symposium?"

Good luck and sorry I can't make it.

I have lots of extra flies...

just like alan, i`ll have to blow the dust off the vice, its been a long time since i sat at my tying desk, but i think i can remember how to ty a few

I'm going do my best to make this, will have to move a few things, but do-able!

JH

we'll be glad to have you!

Only two weeks away!

This looks fun. I am going to try and make it.

I did a little pre scout this weekend and the place should be in good shape.
Started out the day around 8:30 am. Visited my daughter at Pitt to replace a couple door knobs in her apt.
Once that was completed we headed south to PB. Temp was in the mid 30"s and sunny.
Upon arriving, the inside temp was around 70-72.
Caught a couple 16oz while watching the Penns. ($1.50 when the Penns are on)
Also happened to land an Original PB.
Wish I could have stayed longer as I could have landed another one of those sammies.

See yinz in a couple weeks!

Jim

Back