Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 »

Re: 2013 PAFF Instructional Jamboree (aka Newbie Jam) - March 16th

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
been there done that with my blazer and astro.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 13:52

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Bucks County
Wasn't able to make it either....we ended up car shopping and picked one up....took forever to do paperwork and get out....hope you all had a blast!!

Posted on: 2013/3/16 16:56

From Couldn't Care Less
Hope everyone had a good time and learned. I had the luxury of entertaining 15 five year olds at my sons bday. What fun

Hope to see you all at the brush up jam

Posted on: 2013/3/16 17:47

From Zionsville PA
Just signed up on here after attending the Jam....it was a great day learned a lot and the little Lehigh was producing like it thought it was late May...thanks to everyone for putting this event on and turning out.....I did get talked into buying another rod guess I should have expected that.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 17:57

From Bucks County
My thoughts Exactly!!!

Thank you guys a lot for putting on a great show. Had a blast today, and learned that my casting needs plenty of help.. LOL

Delta_dog, Thanks for the 1-on-1 fly tying demo, me and my buddy got a lot out of that, I think he is buying all the stuff he needs as I type this.

What a great event, can't think you guys enough for putting in the time to make this happen.

I am so thankful I will let someone else post the pic of Fox-Gap. He knows the one!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/16 18:27

From Boyertown
My son and I learned a lot. I want to thank all of you also for volunteering all your time for this. S becker thanks again for showing my son proper technique for casting. Had a great time. Didnt do the on stream instructional bc yeah we fair weather fisherman and didnt want the wife yelling at me if the kid got sick I would have never heard the end of it.
Thanks again

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:07

From Christiana, Delaware
It was nice seeing everyone today.
I even caught fish down near the covered bridge.
I was able to catch browns w/ a BWO on my own hand tied dry fly leader, that was nice. And I also caught using a nymph I tied last night. Even thou it was snowing it didn't feel that cold at all.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:08

From Zionsville Pa.
I would also like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and patience with me and fellow newbies. From delta dog and his gear tips and fly tying to S Becker and his help with casting and everyone else thanks again, and I will definitely keep an eye out for the follow up newbie gathering..

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:24

From Lehigh Valley
It certainly was a good day!

I'd like to thank all the instructors - you guys did the excellent job I knew you would.

It was a day of surprises, and I certainly got more than my share of them!

Today reminded me what good friends I've met through PAFF. I hope everyone makes the kind of friends that I've met here. Good fishing buddies are the best kind of friends, and I've been blessed with some truely great ones.

Here's a brief slide show of the day - I think I got all the instructors except krayfish. He just moves too quick to get a picture of. If anyone has any pictures of the day that they'd like to add to the slideshow, just PM me, and I'll give you my email address to send them to.

Special thanks to UFMGuy for spending the morning showing us his incredible products. You answered the only question I had in like 10 seconds. Your "GPS Fishing Guide" for Garmin is one incredible tool for finding streams, and I highly recommend his products for Newbies and experienced fishermen alike. They can pay for themselves in just one trip in time and gas savings, and the smart phone versions are even more capable. Just amazing!

Thanks again to all that made this a fun and educational day!

H.A.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:27

Edited by Heritage-Angler on 2013/3/16 19:53:09

From Clearfield County
I had a great time. It was worth the wait. Thanks everyone!!

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:52

From Monessen, PA
Excellent. Enjoyed the slides as well. Were most of the newcomers youngsters, or spread across the spectrum? I think it is great to welcome others to the sport with good instruction and appreciation of the natural world. Thanks to all that worked on this.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:53

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
It was a fun day. I really enjoy working with others on casting. I am by no means great at it, but I can visually see when others need a tweek here and there. I wish you guys the best of luck with your season, and feel free to Pm me about anything or to fish.

Really was a great day because I was able to get a fly rod in my 5 year olds hand for the first time. I was surprisingly pleased with what he did and corrected his casts when I described what he was doing wrong. A 9fter might not have been the best rod to start him with. Lol Also, was able to end the day on olives up top and him reeling them in. Thanks again Ed for putting this together.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:55

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From North East PA
Great to see everyone!

Thanks for allowing me a small part in this!

Posted on: 2013/3/16 19:59

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Dauphin PA
As always, a great collection of guys. Had fun and hopefully helped someone along the way. Hadn't fished in the snow in a very long time and forgot how much fun it was. Thanks for putting that together Ed. Josh enjoyed it so much that he wanted to know when the next one was. LOL.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 20:07

From Gamehendge
I had a great time. Hope I pointed some people in the right direction. Cant beat dry fly fishin in a snow storm.

Posted on: 2013/3/16 20:39

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com