Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

manada mar 10

From lancaster county
wow what a suprise is the pfbc geting more lazy in stocking efforts. when i was there each bridge or road crossing held trout. any where the stream came close to the road. any riffle or pool between had no trout. the water was clear and after walking through various pools i determined that there was about 50 fish. none of which were 30 percent bigger but 30 percent dumber as i landed about 7 fish.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 23:41

Re: manada mar 10

From Greensburg, PA
I had the opposite experience yesterday...while I did not fish...I watch the PAFBC float stock about 5 miles, in two sections, of a large creek. While they allowed some small kids, including my own, to dump buckets in easily accessible areas near the roads and bridges, all the other fish went into the bins attached to the rafts and were carefully spread out throughout the creek. So I guess it comes down to who you get and how much help they get. There was plenty of help at the creek I went to. It made a big difference as the guys doing the floating were ALL from the local TU. If the big white truck shows up and no one is there to help you never know where the rout will end up.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 11:17

Re: manada mar 10

From Lewistown
my county and the local stream conservation groups do the same thing sal. Just dump them in at a bridge and let the people take the fish out. Even Lycom. Creek anglers dumps them in.
Matter of fact, last year they only put fish in at the botton of the DHALO and the bait casters would chuck the bait into the DH and play the fish out of the DHALO and harvest them. Talk about screwed up.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 18:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com