Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

lake nockamixon 10/14/12

From Quakertown, pa
Ok well I'm just letting you know before I get in to deep about the report I was not fly fishing at the time due to the fact I have no rod capable of handling musky so used spinning gear. Went out this evening around 4 met a few buddies and were fishing off the fishing pier off of 563. Water temp was in low 60s but man was it windy as hell. Another guy and I were using buzzbaits and the other 2 guys were using suspended jerkbaits. Well we all got tired of fighting the wind and just sat around the trucks till about 630. That's when we noticed it. The wind had stopped and water went smooth. So looked out were the drops are and saw baitfish flipping out. Then the tell tale wake of a big fish under the surface then another wake and another. Before you knew it baitfish were jumping every where and the occasional musky would break the surface. So me and another guy tied on umbrella rigs and the other 2 were using big rattle traps and jerkbaits. Before the night was over each of us had 2 muskies come to hand. The smallest was 33" the biggest 42". We were all getting hungry and started packing up when I said hold on I want to break in this new rod and reel. So tied on a double Colorado blade musky spinnerbait. 2 cast in had a 37" tiger musky in my hand. So I figure if any you guys with 9 or 10 wt rods feel like chucking big streamers hit the fishing pier at Nockamixon in the evening. If the baitfish are there so are the musky.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 22:32

Re: lake nockamixon 10/14/12

If you check the biologist reports on the PFBC web page you will see that the spring,2012 muskellunge population survey indicated that there was a very good population of tiger muskies (no pures) in the lake. Thanks for confirming it by taking advantage of the fishery. Nice report from your fishing trip!

Posted on: 2012/10/15 7:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com