Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

donegal creek 4/18

From lancaster county
well there has been so much emphasis on etiquette when posting about streams, and generally i agree with CA. heres what im going to do. i fished over half of the total fly area yesterday. i had an EXTREMELY unusal day. landed a ABNORMAL amount of trout.
now why would i tell you that, because along my travels i encountered a great midge hatches(black,olive,grey and white), BWO's, and a racoon washing its hands in the stream. everything was perfect. i even hooked two large fish, but lost them. ( alomst perfect). then it happened. the unthinkable, i picked up and PROPERLy threw away 8 worm containers. each LITTERED across the stream banks in various locations. now i dont belive that iam better than a baitfisherman. i belive they have the right to harvest trout because thier dollar paid for them. those trout are there trout. i dont fish much APW because i think they suck, and in saying so....MY dollar paid for these fish. these trout are MY trout. im angery....i will catch those poachers someday. stay off my water. now i told u this because the stream needs to be more protected. Flyfishers unite and go to the stream it needs our protection. my report is acurate, i landed about 20 fish. browns and rainbows. midges,bwo's,olive wolley buggers, and eggs. i also didnt landed any of the wild fish, that was a suprise. im suprised i caught any with the worm containers labeled 25 pc nightcrawlers. do the math, 200 worms! anyways it is a good stream, im gonna post pics for those not familar with it. also the donegal fish conservation association is removing some of those trees i talked about. see someone agreed with me not all of them, but i didnt think all should be either. i have pics of that too. anyways please help me protect the stream if you live close by.a simple trip could make a difference. im gonna talk to the DFCA today to let them know about the poaching. boils my blood.

Posted on: 2007/4/19 15:46

Re: donegal creek 4/18

Salvelinus, I'll try to get down to take a look next week. I agree, and will add that poachers should be made where they can't reproduce.

Posted on: 2007/4/20 19:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com