Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

brandywine river/chester creek, 5/5/2007

From Swarthmore pa
I hit a section of the brandywine on saturday,a group of us stock for opening day.I got there at sun up ,there was a thick layer of fog in the water.Air temp was in the high 40's.I started with a bwo nymph and missed 1 fish.I moved downstream and tied on a olive bh crystal bugger and got 2 rainbows both over 20".(the biggest fish i have caught in my short fly fishing career).I also managed a few spawing carp ,1 about 20 in on the bugger as well.
This was my first trip to this section with my fly gear,we stock some real pigs and i can't wait to go back.
This trip was cut short buy a train of canoes that came and spooked the fish.
Monday after work I hit chester creek in aston,caught the tail end of a bwo hatch.When i was tying on my size 18 bwo,I saw 5 or 6 fish rise up.I managed to land 3 fish 2 rainbows about 12 in,and a fat 15" brown.I missed 3 or 4 more in that short period.(about 30 min).The rising slowed so I tied in a size 16 stimulator and caught 2 more rainbows.As fast as the action was it stopped dead.
I moved down stream and caught another nice brown on a bwo nymph #18.I only saw 1 fish rise at this spot.
I wish I didn't cut the grass before I left!!

Posted on: 2007/5/7 21:00

Edited by JackM on 2007/5/7 22:26:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com