HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Young Womans, Clinton County,9/30

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

joebamboo wrote:
All you purists and wild trout snobs keep staying away.

Thanks Guys!

Every time I go trout fishing, I go way out of my way to oblige you. A day will come when we're the last ones standing (hiking).

Are there not tribs (un-stocked) to YWC that are still productive?

Posted on: 2012/10/15 18:28

Re: Young Womans, Clinton County,9/30

From Jersey Shore, PA
Be careful when talking about the possibility of the Commonwealth no longer raising trout for stocking. I've actually heard folks talk about the possibility of all fish to be stocked raised and stocked by co-op nursuries. Obviously, this would be a lot less expense for PFBC. I, for one, don't like the sound of this.

As for YWC, this used to be my favorite freestone stream to fish. When the meeting was held to discuss how to manage this stream there was a lot of talk of folks wanting to have delayed-harvest regs. The PFBC used to only consider stream sections classified C or D for these regs. I believe the goal of many was to have (limited) harvest reinstated on this section of YWC.

What I can't understand is why the local folks up there get so emotional over not being able to stock a section of wild trout water if the water is closed to harvest?

Maybe I can provide a possible answer to this queston afterall. When someone I know was on YWC in the catch and release area witnessed a group of guys making their way downstream fishing bait he didn't believe for a moment they were releasing the fish they caught. Like the fellow with whom I was talking, when I see someone employing unlawful fishing methods I figure their goal is unlawful harvest of trout, as well.

Posted on: 2012/10/19 11:27

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com