Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Youghiogheny River Somerset/Fayette Co. 6/30/2012

From Hagerstown, MD
Wow...Beautiful beast of a brown...Congrats on a great fish, and being able to share it with fellow fly fisherman. I wish you many more to come!!!

Posted on: 2012/7/2 13:01

From Pittsburgh
What a spectacular day! Nothin beats great company, big fish, and a little cheese whiz on a June Saturday!

DaveS is a great fisherman as noted by his catches. He also fought that beast very admirably, which should be mentioned.
But the thing that struck me, having been my first time drifting, was his oarsmanship. I had never realized what an undertaking it is to position the boat to put the caster in the right place... And he would do that consistently. If only i could have capitalized by connecting on more fished...but that was my shortcomings, not his.

And alby just has that fish sense...always know where they are and how to get them. It's just fun to watch him on the stream.

The fish in the yough are just so strong and healthy. If only the river could produce more substantial hatches. There were a few fish rising even to the sparse olive hatch, so if there were a larger number of bugs, what a destination it would be...even the much anticipated bikini hatch hardly produced a rise on saturday.

Posted on: 2012/7/2 20:56

From Dauphin PA
That Dave always seems to catch the biggest fish. What's up with that? I might have to make another trip to yinzer country again. Haven't fished there in 15+ years. Great trip guys.

Posted on: 2012/7/3 22:27

From Eastern Ohio
Great post. I need to get back down there & float the Middle Yough.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 19:36

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com