Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yough river, Fayette County August 5th

From The "Burgh"
Well I headed out yesterday with a buddy of mine around 9 starting right above Ohiopyle. We had success the whole day, which was great, but a lot of action came from trout that were 6-10 inches. I, however, caught 4 all over 14 inches with one around 16 and they were all rainbows. Also, I landed 2 smallmouth one of which was 3 inches and the other a little bigger at 13 inches. Most fish were caught ripping a size 4 crayfish pattern through runs, riffles, and a patch of pocket water. the rest came on a combination of soft hackle hairs ears and copper johns trailed behind the crayfish. My buddy caught 4 fish, all dinks one little generic nymphs, but he's fairly new to flyfishing so he was thrilled. One of the fish that i caught hit the crayfish as soon as it hit the water, literally jumping out of the water in the process. Hopefully I will be back in a few days to rip a few more lips.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 18:35

Re: Yough river, Fayette County August 5th

From Montgomery County
Nice to hear the river is fishing well. Nothing like having a fish explode on a streamer as it hits the water...

Posted on: 2010/8/6 21:54

From SW PA
Sid,

The crayfish pattern has worked well for me all season...wise choice on the fly selection...keep working the river..

Posted on: 2010/8/7 7:57

From The "Burgh"
yeah honestly I was very impressed with my day, every time I fish it I catch more fish and am closer to cracking the patterns. I love the Yough!

Posted on: 2010/8/7 11:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com