Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yough River, Somerset County, 7/5/09

From Pgh
Weary of firecrackers going off in my neighborhood all weekend long, and noticing the flows on the Yough were ripe for fly fishing, I took a well-needed break and made a trip to Confluence yesterday afternoon and evening.

Water was perfect: flows low, water clarity very good and temps about 54 degrees. Fished from the dam down to Ramcat put in.

There were a few caddis in the air all day and Cahills in the evening. Very few rising fish, which was surprising. Even in the slower sections you can usually see risers in the evening. Not yesterday. Perhaps the fish were still adjusting to the water level drop of 400 cfs in an hour?

I caught a ton of stockies on a black bugger and streamers and hares ear nymph off an iso dropper. I was told by a spin fisherman they just stocked last week with a couple of thousand fish. They were everywhere. I actually foul-hooked a couple of fish. I saw one guy catch over 30 fish from a short section near the fist bridge down from the dam. When I ask him what he was using, he held up a flourescent green Berkley Trout worm. Gotta love those stocked trout.

Couldn't catch any Yough resident rainbows. Maybe they were too busy being entertained by the clown fish (stockies).

Posted on: 2009/7/6 14:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com