Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: West Branch of Delaware, Deposit NY, 7/10/10

Good news gfen, he did it!! LL just sent me a pic of his new boat. He's starting guided float trips next week.

Attach file:

jpg  Corey's new rig..JPG (24.38 KB)
645_4c445cf696584.jpg 546X379 px

Posted on: 2010/7/19 10:11

From Central Jersey
Heck, we could fit about 10 in that thing!

Posted on: 2010/7/19 22:15

I seats 12 and has a microwave and a wet bar! He knows how to do it right! LOLOL.

if wbranch comes, he's got a real drift boat not a pretend one like mentioned above.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 3:22

From Montgomery County
Any reports of tricos yet? I'll be up there tomorrow and Sunday and heard they started on the lower WB, but have no idea where or what time...

Posted on: 2010/7/23 10:21

I heard they were up there a few weeks back when we did our float. We started below the 17 bridge around Deposit and I don't believe they make it that far up river so we didn't see any.

Here's some reports....

The West Branch is clear with a decent release. Slop, crud or whatever you call it can be a problem at times-more so in the upper reaches. It did have a little color from storms yesterday but remained fishable even then. The upper area of the no-kill can get crowded at times-more so on the weekends. The release rate was decreased to 387 yesterday at 7 a.m. from 456 cfs on Wednesday. Hatches are usually mid to late afternoon with Sulphurs and small Olives. Some Tricos are about in the a.m. The East Branch remains at a steady flow with decent water temps. The hatches on this river vary more. Look for midges, small Olives and Tricos in the a.m. witth spinners, Sulphurs and Olives close to dark

DRC is saying that tricos are on the lower section of the river. 2 recent reports below.

7/22/10 report:
Rain overnight has brought higher flows and slightly cooler water all across the board today. These higher flows, combined with off-colored water and overcast skies, should be a perfect opportunity to bring out the streamers. Fish them as close to the bank as possible and be ready for a strike. However, don’t rule out the possibility of dry fly fishing as today could be another awesome day for BWO’s and Sulphurs on the West Branch. With lower-water clarity you may even be able to get away with throwing flies on 5 or 6X tippet. As always, work slowly and take your time when covering any section of water.

7/23/10 report:
Today looks like it is going to be a good morning with light rain and mild air temperatures. Although the rain may stick around for the better part of the day, today has potential to be a great olive day again throughout the afternoon, sulphurs should show up in good numbers during the day as well. Streamer fishing can be very good on rainy days like today, also keep a good eye out for Iso’s and Iso spinners. The West Branch is still flowing around 430 cfs at Hale Eddy which is a very good level for those looking to wade fish. With the cooler air temperatures and rain over the past couple of days, water temperatures look good on the entire West Branch.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 11:30

From The Hilton
I was there 7/22 fished from hale to 191. Very few bugs but some olives hardly anything on top till 8pm. American nymphed the crap of the riffles with pt's and my secert hares ear caught 16-18in rainbows all day.....fun trip! If your looking for bugs move up above hale!

Posted on: 2010/7/23 12:24

From The Hilton
Quote:

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:
I heard they were up there a few weeks back when we did our float. We started below the 17 bridge around Deposit and I don't believe they make it that far up river so we didn't see any.

Here's some reports....

The West Branch is clear with a decent release. Slop, crud or whatever you call it can be a problem at times-more so in the upper reaches. It did have a little color from storms yesterday but remained fishable even then. The upper area of the no-kill can get crowded at times-more so on the weekends. The release rate was decreased to 387 yesterday at 7 a.m. from 456 cfs on Wednesday. Hatches are usually mid to late afternoon with Sulphurs and small Olives. Some Tricos are about in the a.m. The East Branch remains at a steady flow with decent water temps. The hatches on this river vary more. Look for midges, small Olives and Tricos in the a.m. witth spinners, Sulphurs and Olives close to dark

DRC is saying that tricos are on the lower section of the river. 2 recent reports below.

7/22/10 report:
Rain overnight has brought higher flows and slightly cooler water all across the board today. These higher flows, combined with off-colored water and overcast skies, should be a perfect opportunity to bring out the streamers. Fish them as close to the bank as possible and be ready for a strike. However, don’t rule out the possibility of dry fly fishing as today could be another awesome day for BWO’s and Sulphurs on the West Branch. With lower-water clarity you may even be able to get away with throwing flies on 5 or 6X tippet. As always, work slowly and take your time when covering any section of water.

7/23/10 report:
Today looks like it is going to be a good morning with light rain and mild air temperatures. Although the rain may stick around for the better part of the day, today has potential to be a great olive day again throughout the afternoon, sulphurs should show up in good numbers during the day as well. Streamer fishing can be very good on rainy days like today, also keep a good eye out for Iso’s and Iso spinners. The West Branch is still flowing around 430 cfs at Hale Eddy which is a very good level for those looking to wade fish. With the cooler air temperatures and rain over the past couple of days, water temperatures look good on the entire West Branch.

There is never a need to go below 5x on that river! Have a nice day!

Posted on: 2010/7/23 12:26

From Montgomery County
Thanks. You going to be out? Thought about bringing the pontoons, but decided to hoof it instead...

Posted on: 2010/7/23 12:28

Floating in pontoon on the 30th 31st. Come on along.

Alpa,
Agree w/ staying above Hale Eddy for hatches unless you are looking a dusk. BTW, other guy wrote that tippet comment. I'll go to 6x with small olives or other tiny stuff. Otherwise, I stay w/ 5x.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 13:20

here here on the 5x comment...i love listening to stories who lost "monsters" then ask what tippet and they say 7 or 8 x...i just laugh and move on....

Posted on: 2010/7/23 16:52

If I have to go below 6x.... I go right to 12x!

Honestly, if you can't catch a picky / educated fish on 6x, something's wrong.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:00

From The Hilton
Quote:

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:
If I have to go below 6x.... I go right to 12x!

Honestly, if you can't catch a picky / educated fish on 6x, something's wrong.

Picky and Educated sounds like my ex gf just like a fish I threw her back too lol.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:07

hope you made her hook sore before tossing her up on the bank

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:35

From Central Jersey
Guys- Stick with the 5x. Heck, go to 4x. Fish don't care.

When I get refusals from big fish on 5, I go to 6. When I get refusals from 6, I go to 7. Not hard to figure out.

If you have a good reel/drag (I use the ross evolutions) you can go to your backing with 7x. I rarely break one off. But you need a very good drag.

That is my opinion on the deal. On the WB you have clear water, older, smarter fish.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 22:18

From Eastern PA
Glad I took a look at that link JerseyGeorge as I never thought of mounting my trolling motor on the casting platform. I will try that this week. May actually make the purchase of the platform worth it. LOL! I actually do use it on ponds/lakes but have not used it on moving water. I have not fished the D with that boat when the water levels were up and wading was possible. I am sure it will come in handy then.

Posted on: 2010/7/25 14:45

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com