Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

West Branch Valley Creek, 11/11/06

I fished from 10am until about 4:30pm. I started off nymphing with a soft hackle mayfly #16 and got about 4 or 5 chubs. I saw a couple trout but couldn't get close enough to cast without spooking them. Around 1-2pm the air warmed up and I started seeing some rises. I caught a small 6" brown that still had its par marks on a blue wing olive #18. I tied on a grey elk hair caddis #18 and got the hit of the day. I set the hook and started to reel it in but my line snapped, I was so upset. The fish looked like a brown. Fun day to be out on the water and it was great weather.

Posted on: 2006/11/12 12:08

Re: West Branch Valley Creek, 11/11/06

Wmass,

Could you help me in finding the West Branch of the Perkiomen? I am familiar with the stocked part of the perkiomen in East Greenville. Am I close? Also, is there a good number of fish in the wild trout areas? If I asked you for directions awhile back I apologize. I deleted the response that I got from you or the other person I may have replied to. Thanks for your help.

Posted on: 2007/2/1 9:21

Re: West Branch Valley Creek, 11/11/06

Went to Valley Creek Saturday (2/3/07) morning and got three 8"-12" browns on a #18 green scud nymph.

Good thing they were small because between my line freezing to my rod, and my reel locking up with ice, anything bigger than that would have broke off. I'd say every 3-4 casts I had to do some defrosting to get the line/reel moving again.

Posted on: 2007/2/4 17:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com