Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Valley Creek, chester co., 4/11

From Phoenixville Pa
Back when I was exploring the creek I caught one fingerling below the damn. Must have washed down w/ high water.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 21:18

From Newtown Square
Dubthethorax: that's awesome! I had to take off around 1 o'clock just as the water was boiling Sunday. Anyone fishing 2-5 Sunday late afternoon had to have the same kind of experience you mentioned. I was so pumped to see and experience my firsts caddis hatch. The wife started texting and a lot of you guys know what that can do to a perfect day. ;(

Note: I noticed for the first time ever (on VC) two dead trout floating or sunk in the water. I know the community on this site understands how important it is to revive the fish and get them back in unharmed in a timely manor but fear there still are many who do not understand the proper tactics to catch and release.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 22:54

From Phoenixville Pa
Fished it yesterday and it fished good. Caddis were hatching and the fish were bitting. Caught most on top w/ a 16 tan caddis and a few on the swing w/ a soft hackle wet fly. It was a nice afternoon to be out.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 6:50

From Bucks County
Hit it yesterday on my way home from work. (Thursday.

Was a nice overcast day and no one to be seen, at least the stretch that I fished.

Water running about 25cfs according to the USGS web site. Water temp 56 degree on the two spots I checked.

Took Paparise's cue and started with a brown caddis and caught 3 smaller guys on top, smaller but still fun to catch on top.

action died around 3:30 so tried a couple more flies, BWO, Grif-nat all to fail, so called it a day and decided to try and beat the traffic home.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 9:53

From Newtown Square
I fished from 10 til 1 today and had a nice few hours. Saw a few caddis roaming around and it appeared the fish started to move a bit into faster water - Subtle but noted.
I used a size 16 Elk Hair caddies with soft hackle dropped off 12-18 inches. I would try to extend a realistic drift as long as possible and use a quick strip retrieve to imitate a fast emerging caddis with my soft hackle. Caught a few on top and a few more on the dropper.
Fun day to be out stalking car thieves.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 17:55

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com