Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Valley Creek, Chester Co. - 07/21/13

From Da 'Berg, PA
took a trip out to Valley Creek for the first time yesterday morning - 6.30 to 9.30

Got the white stripe but it's a pretty little stream and i enjoyed it.

Air temp was 72-73F, water temp below the bridge at lower forge and further upstream was 64F both times. started overcast, had a hard shower then fog then bright sun...

water was very low i think (TCO said 20CFS). i fished my bamboo 4wt upstream with hoppers, beetles, floating inchworm and cdc caddis, I picked the deeper murky runs and seams, undercuts with no luck. may be in higher water ???

I did miss two smash takes on the hopper under a downed tree but they were too quick for me and/or i had too much slack out.

i didn't see any rises but i did see #18 black caddis, midges, blue damsels and a number of beetles - one with a bright yellow spot on its back. it was half on the surface half under the film....

after i finished fishing i walked the frog water and I did see a number of pods of fish, two nice brownies around 10" or so and either a chub sucker or a largemouth (it had a definite stripe) holding behind some small trout underneath the high bank.

all of them were lying doggo hard on the bottom, and not feeding as far as i could see, so I figured I'd missed my shot at them by an hour or two and i left them to it and headed home.

btw - i lost my sunglasses from off my ballcap at some stage, i backtracked and didn't find them but did pick up a pair of black cold weather gloves. if anyone lost somea while back...

cheers

Mark.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 13:06

Re: Valley Creek, Chester Co. - 07/21/13

From SEPA and Indiana
I've fished VC several times over the past two weeks. Tight line nymphing in faster water with small caddis larva produced smaller browns. Two days ago I fished a size 18 ant and caught 5 nice browns from 7AM to 8:30AM. They were smashing it off the surface. I couldn't miss a take if I had tried. After around 9 or 10 the surface activity dropped off but I still had some takes (which I missed).

Posted on: 2013/7/22 13:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com